[FT] Rangers 2 (Mugabi OG 22'; Sakala 24') - 2 Motherwell

29 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Some games you get angry at but yesterday I found myself just shaking my head.  

So disappointing to pass up the chance to gain ground on that lot.  The defensive issues are obvious and need sorted out, fast.

As soon as the first Motherwell one went in there was a sense of inevitability throughout the team and fans

We had about 60+ shots at goal in those last two league games, but end up with 3 goals. Penalty claims aside, that is shocking. Methinks we didn`t have more shots at goal by the opposition compared to last season, only that we concede like we did the previous two seasons under SG. The way we lost these two goals yesterday was equally shocking.

And truth be told, I doubt that any new guy like Sands or Zukowski can do any worse.

As long as we don`t play the full complement of our strike force (at least 2 of 3), we won`t change the goal-return, as Kent, Aribo and even Arfield don`t score often enough - and that`s been the case for years. Obviously, they are no strikers either.

And whatever it is, I can´t understand the reluctance to use hardly any subs by any of the current Rangers managers. Not least since we actually have 5 options now.

When you pass it side-to-side for several minutes before shooting, you're giving the opposition plenty of time to organise.  Motherwell, much like Dundee United previously, were throwing themselves all over the place to block shots.

We need to get the ball forward quicker.  

Kent is often great at taking on a man (or two) but then just passes it back or balloons it over the bar - the end product isn't good enough.  Sakala isn't terribly dissimilar, in that respect.

Teams only need to attack us for 5-10 minutes per game in order to score.  The goalkeeper needs dropped because it's clear the defenders no longer trust him, which results in them making mistakes too.

13 minutes ago, compo said:

Is the manager up to the job everyone can see what's wrong apart from him 

He went out on a limb to get the club to bring in James Sands during the window. An 18 month loan to buy for a reported 6 million. The manager played him as a DM twice where he looked like a centre back playing DM and played CB once against Annan. Yesterday Lundstram played CB ahead of him.

If that's anything to go by there are serious questions to answer.

20 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

He went out on a limb to get the club to bring in James Sands during the window. An 18 month loan to buy for a reported 6 million. The manager played him as a DM twice where he looked like a centre back playing DM and played CB once against Annan. Yesterday Lundstram played CB ahead of him.

If that's anything to go by there are serious questions to answer.

I was under the impression that Helander was fit again, only not used in the EL game because he`s not in the squad. I thought Balogun was fit again too.

We utilized Lundstram as a CH (or let`s say very deep DM) against Dortmund and he did well enough. I expected that playing him alongside another CH would give us a better distribution from the back. All in all, he did not do too bad, the goals were not his fault. YET ... playing him there meant that we played Kamara as the DM and we ended up with far too many back- and side-passes and likewise not the drive that Jack and Lundstram provided these last few games. It was not as problematic in the first half, but in the second we clearly toiled and changes could easily  have been made. Very very frustrating.

17 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

, the goals were not his fault

Earlier in the season he was getting slated for errors leading to goals which in my view was as a result of "hospital" passes to him leading to him losing the ball.

Yesterday his "hospital" pass to Bassey was in a similar vein and caused the move leading to Well's first.