Last day transfer news\rumours-Rangers

This norwegian lad better be good. I will not be happy if we have forked out the best part of £1m when we're haggling over a few grand for Naismith. At least Naisy has proven that he can perform at domestic level but can the same be said of this young lad? Who knows if he will be able to adapt to the style of play and how many of these young players end up leaving for nothing anyway.

I'll happily be proved wrong but it just doesn't look right.

Gers Sign Youth Trio

Gers Sign Youth Trio

THE Rangers youth department has been busy securing the services of three promising foreign players in the past 48 hours.

Swedish under-19 international Isa Bagci was first to put pen to paper on a three-year deal yesterday.

Thomas Kind BendiksenThe talented striker, who is still only 17, signed from Gothenburg side BK Hacken, the club which put Dunfermline out of the UEFA Cup on Thursday night.

He will be joined at Murray Park by goalkeeper Arturs Vaiculis.

The Latvian shotstopper, who has been given a two-year contract, started his career at Skonto Riga but moved to Scotland during the 2006/07 season to play for St. Mirren's under-19s and was a stand-out for the Buddies.

The club was also delighted to sign Norwegian international Thomas Kind Bendiksen from Harstad IL last night.

Bendikesen, 18, is seen as being one of the hottest prospects in his homeland and, after completing a medical at Auchenhowie, expressed his delight at his new three-year deal.

He said: "This is like a dream come true.

"I had two good offers from Tromso and Rangers but the lure of a foreign club was too tempting.

"It will be very tough to break into the first-team but I will do everything I can to do so."

Looks like we're also trying to bring in some good youngsters too. Obviously we've done this in the past and it hasn't worked, fingers crossed that it will on this occasion.

maybe its just me, but are they saying in that article that he is 17 and 18 at the same time?? lol

Nah, I think it is my poor cutting and pasting skills. :( The paragraph should read:

The talented striker, who is still only 17, signed from Gothenburg side BK Hacken, the club which put Dunfermline out of the UEFA Cup on Thursday night.

I have to say that David Murray has surpassed all expectations I had for what he would do to turn the club around on the pitch. While I think there's a lot wrong with the club just now that he has to answer for, I think he deserves a lot of credit for backing Walter in his rebuilding operation.