[FT] Rangers 1 (Roofe 81') - 0 Aberdeen

I'm beginning to think we have a manager who talks about what we must do better and then picks the same players and adopts the same tactics as before ... and players who talk about what they need to do better but then go out and do the same again. You can hear it in their voices - they perform to the press better than they're performing with the ball.

Massive 3 points here for us in Aberdeens final game of the season. We need to want it more than them. Do that and we will win.

I'd go

------------McGregor-----------

Tav--Goldson--Balogun--Bassey

---------Jack--Lundstram------

Aribo-------Ramsey--------Kent

-------------Morelos------------

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

17 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Massive 3 points here for us in Aberdeens final game of the season. We need to want it more than them. Do that and we will win.

I'd go

------------McGregor-----------

Aribo-------Ramsey--------Kent

I'd make 2 changes. We definitely need a goalie who's more willing to dominate his six yard box in the air and I feel Joe Aribo has been needing a rest since he returned from whatever they were doing in Africa. The defence picks itself and  I agree the midfield pairing of Jack and Lundstram is essential, with Kamara dropping out.

------------McLaughlin----------

Sakala-------Ramsey--------Kent

Dunno whether you do the line-up on a smart phone, but if you use a PC, you find small icons above the text field, the three next to A align the text where you want it.

I reckon Aberdeen will want to spoil the party and make a fist of it, not least with the Legoeater in there and Ferguson, Bates and McCrorie willing to break their necks.

Anyways, my line-up wouldn`t be too many miles off the above, since we need some grit midfield and pace up front. I doubt we will see Ramsey from the off, but likewise hope we won`t have Kamara in some make-shift attacking slot. Both Jack and Lundstram can find players, so just go for it ...

McLaughlin

Tavernier - Goldson - Balogun - Bassey

Sakala - Jack - Lundstram - Kent

Morelos - Roofe

I would actually put Helander and Balogun into the CH positions, but I doubt Goldson will be dropped unless he`s injured ...

3 hours ago, Bill said:

I'm beginning to think we have a manager who talks about what we must do better and then picks the same players and adopts the same tactics as before ... and players who talk about what they need to do better but then go out and do the same again. You can hear it in their voices - they perform to the press better than they're performing with the ball.

I don’t think GvB rates s number of the players he’s inherited hence why so little change in team selections and also during games

21 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

I don’t think GvB rates s number of the players he’s inherited hence why so little change in team selections and also during games

If the team he's picking on a routine basis is dropping points like this then it really doesn't matter who he does or doesn't fancy because he's obligated to find a solution that works.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

If the team he's picking on a routine basis is dropping points like this then it really doesn't matter who he does or doesn't fancy because he's obligated to find a solution that works.

Perhaps he thinks there isn’t a solution with what he’s inherited 

11 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Perhaps he thinks there isn’t a solution with what he’s inherited 

He might think that but it wouldn't be much of a manager who effectively throws in the towel without at least trying other things. We don't need an expensive management team to continue doing things that generally fail. You and I could take week-about to do that ourselves. Besides, that would be a tough call when he's got essentially the squad that ran away with the league last season, so there's really no credible argument that he doesn't have the players.

Edited by Bill