BJK - Should It Be Sung

Should BJK Be Sung  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should BJK Be Sung

• Yes, spread the word
    • No, it's all in the past

So by that do you mean there are also a lot of fans on Gersnet who sing other songs that are banned ?

No, i think there are very few fans on Gersnet and even in Ibrox who sing banned songs, i just dont think the fans who sing BJK think it is a "banned" song and thats why there were a lot of fans singing it at Ibrox on Saturday.

i think the truth is that when something's being sung at a football match its less of a philosophical-ethics decision and more of a am-i-going-to-join-the-noise-or-not. i mean, i've sung 'no surrender' while believing that song to have no relevance to either my life or to football. and i still would sing it, without a moment's hesitation because its a good song, and its not singing about anything i think is immoral.

but i've never sang, and never would sing, bjk. i just think its stupid, and if someone asked me why i wasnt singing it thats exactly what i'd tell them.

but i dont deny other people their right to sing it, incidentally. i dont think it should be a banned song.

I think its being used for petty point-scoring and makes us look bad. Its only a matter of time before we get painted as the bad ones here by the media who will turn it around and say that we're making light of child abuse etc. I for one don't know all the facts and the whole BJK campaign seems to be based on a couple of quotes which confirm that he knew something about it and booted the guy out. That's hardly the whole story and given the nature of the story itself, I don't think its right we're dragging it up now.

The poll is interesting though, because if you posted the same question on certain other forums, you'd get a very different result.

Even the Jambos are singing this song now, so I'm sure the media will pick up on it sooner or later and we'll have shot ourselves in the foot yet again. But as usual it won't be our fault.

No it is pathetic to shout about an incident that occured twenty years ago! We never 'celebrated' it at the time and the fact that we wait till a less succesful period in our history to roll it out speaks volumes.

some may say it is to try and even up the balance in the "which OF fans are worse" argument, but all it does is paint us in a worse light.

The very fact that some people within our support and on these pages feel that the worse aspect of this terrible period in Scottish Football is that Celtic tried to cover it up says more about them than it does Celtic!

Get a grip, we are Rangers supporters, not Celtic Haters!!!

Im not, im shocked that only 5 people have voted in support of this, as Fraser said there are a lot of fans at Ibrox who sing this and i would bet money that there are more people than just Fraser on Gersnet who support and sing this, at least Fraser has the baws to admit he sings it and try to explain why, where are the rest of you?

I agree with you on one thing only Fraser has dared to speak out from the now 6 people who have voted. I would imagine the ones who voted in favour are not well known posters otherwise they would know we are open to all sides and points of discussion on the Gersnet. I may not agree with it but i would like to hear why other people want to sing it.

I haven't read the whole thread, forgive me if I'm repeating anything already said.

I voted 'no'. It is not a football related (it's about child abuse FFS!) song, and therefore it should have no place in our 'hymn book' of songs at Ibrox. Surely there are plenty of smart and witty guys in our support who can come up with a better song to taunt Celtic with?

It shouldnt be sang but people are over reacting as if it was a poison song.

I personally didnt know what it was all about until recently so have never sang or heard about it. Im sure a lot of Bears are in the same boat but sing it coz the next guy sings it.

But surely we shouldnt feel the need to sing this, we have enough Rangers songs to sing.

Still waiting for the other people to back me up here

I can see where you are all coming from here, makes me think yes it is sick singing about child abuse etc

But don't you think we need a song to get Celtic fans wound up, not many songs we can sing now to do so

It isn't a song gloryfying Child Abuse or anyone who indulged in child abuse. It is a song that claims (rightly) that Big Jock Knew about said child abuse at Craptic Park and did NOTHING about it.

Billy McNeil has stated that this was an open secret and it was proven in court that Big Jock and the board knew about this and did nothing to protect the children involved.

Moreover, when Torbett was sent to jail (eventually) Craptic continued to give him business via The Trophy Centre (then owned by Torbett's daughter). Torbett is now (or was) working with the Scottish Tourist board along with convicted house breaker and woman beater Mossen (ex Lord Provest).

Should the song be sung? All down to personal taste IMO. Isn't sectarian, isn't offensive, isn't racist and it is true.

Cammy F

It isn't a song gloryfying Child Abuse or anyone who indulged in child abuse. It is a song that claims (rightly) that Big Jock Knew about said child abuse at Craptic Park and did NOTHING about it.

Billy McNeil has stated that this was an open secret and it was proven in court that Big Jock and the board knew about this and did nothing to protect the children involved.

Moreover, when Torbett was sent to jail (eventually) Craptic continued to give him business via The Trophy Centre (then owned by Torbett's daughter). Torbett is now (or was) working with the Scottish Tourist board along with convicted house breaker and woman beater Mossen (ex Lord Provest).

Should the song be sung? All down to personal taste IMO. Isn't sectarian, isn't offensive, isn't racist and it is true.

Cammy F

Thank you Cammy