[FT] Celtic 1 - 1 Rangers (Sakala 67')

2 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

The excuse brigade out in force.

Nonsense! every bit if criticism so far is deserved. And for what it's worth I've been consistent on how bad a defender Barisic is!

Edited by ian1964

1 minute ago, gisabeer said:

Lack of a game plan in the final third again.  I dont see where a goal is coming from.

Well, you have Aribo jogging about, Kent at his winger-ish best, Arfield tied with destroying their build-up and Sakala far too deep. That`s no front three or attack play, but there is no real striker bar Itten on the bench. And I doubt we`ll send Lowry out to replace Aribo ...

Just now, ian1964 said:

Nonsense! every bit if criticism so far is deserved. And for what it's worth I've been consistent on how bad a defender Barisic, 

Borna was caught once and then had a couple of scary moments, much like Tav on the other side. The most threat close to the break came on the right.

The tendency to - usually needlessly - find scapegoats is not new though. And that`s just a general remark.

3 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

The excuse brigade out in force. Borna shot, Sakala basic. Really folks, that`s quite desperate. Kent is the guy who fluffs 4 out of 5 chances and can do no wrong. Maybe we share our desparation to all out there. After all, the most threat came on our right side again.

For some reason, Sakala is ordered to play far too deep, Aribo is jogging about while Davis, Arfield and Lundstram work their socks off.

They don`t look that cool and apparently just wait for some quick counter strikes, had a few opportunities at the end, yet you wonder how it would go had Kent sunk one of his two shot. Their Japanese guys need a bit of a bruising, the clown is far too busy ...

You may have a point regarding Kent, but players of limited football ability like Sakala should be nowhere near our team. 

• Frankie changed the title to Celtic 1 - 0 Rangers

The aim of the game is to score when a chance occurs. Just look at Chelsea at Utd in midweek, golden chances spurned and had to share the points in a one sided game. Gers will get other chances this half, it is up to someone to keep cool and finish. Easier said than done i know, but definitley doable against this mob.  

Edited by ChelseaBoy
my bad

Just now, der Berliner said:

Borna was caught once and then had a couple of scary moments, much like Tav on the other side. The most threat close to the break came on the right.

The tendency to - usually needlessly - find scapegoats is not new though. And that`s just a general remark.

Check back on most of our goals lost, especially against them, and you will see consistency of bad defending from Borna, if he isn't driving forward putting in crosses he has no role in the team, my opinion of course