Europa League Final 2022 - Official Match Thread

4 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

take a powerbank with you so that you can recharge your phone during the day. You don't want to turn up at the ground with no charge in your phone and not get in.

Wise words - I bought one during the week, with that in mind.  I'd imagine most people will need their phone at the airport too and Thursday/Friday might not be us at our most 'switched on'. 

8 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

To those going to the game, it would be best to take a powerbank with you so that you can recharge your phone during the day. You don't want to turn up at the ground with no charge in your phone and not get in.

Defo, you can get slimline ones from Amazon that are not bulky at all and easy to carry about. I have this one and its a decent size. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07PNL5STG?ref_=cm_sw_r_cp_ud_dp_5C1227FJMDVGHGCX08Z3

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

The last place I'd want to watch the game would be on screens at Ibrox

I've heard 2008 wasn't that great with little atmosphere, the natural delay in the broadcast and various other issues, and no alcohol.

Yeah but thousands want to go. 10's of thousands. 

The option should be there. 

1 hour ago, Frankie said:

You know it wouldn't interest me either to be honest but I can understand why many would like it.  

It's the usual executive fob off with no explanation or minimal effort to understand why 2008 didn't work and improve that frustrates me.

Let's be honest they just can't be arsed. 

Just now, the gunslinger said:

Let's be honest they just can't be arsed. 

There are some suggestions today that Rangers have requested use of a stadium in Seville and that's been granted so we're devoting all resources to organising that. As such, that perhaps explains Robertson's comments.

That doesn't mean fans at home should be ignored though.  Like I say, provisional planning for all this could have been in place at least a month ago.

I actually agree with not opening Ibrox for a beam back. I can understand why people want to go. But after the nonsense after winning the league last year in George Square and the town i think its best the club is risk averse here and tries to distance itself from any new potential opportunities for nonsense. If we were to lose its possible there may be a few supporters of other clubs who wander by to take a pop and trouble could escalate.

I appreciate this may be a hot take and i put my tin hat firmly on.

1 minute ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I actually agree with not opening Ibrox for a beam back. I can understand why people want to go. But after the nonsense after winning the league last year in George Square and the town i think its best the club is risk averse here and tries to distance itself from any new potential opportunities for nonsense. If we were to lose its possible there may be a few supporters of other clubs who wander by to take a pop and trouble could escalate.

you are probably right but that's a bit pathetic from them.  

1 minute ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

No, it's a fair comment and I don't disagree.

But we should have a board and club capable of such problem solving -  not to mention dealing with the authorities to ensure such trouble doesn't happen. In fact having all our fans in one venue should be a positive in that sense.

All in all, if there are issues and alternatives, communicate quickly and openly. Don't fudge it and leave stuff until the last minute.