Gersnet Player of the Year 2021/22 | James Tavernier

8 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

people make up their minds early at rangers and stick to those decisions far to long. A lot of the time not even for what they do on the park. 

Opinion is a quick setting cement for some people. Once formed, no amount of fresh evidence can change it. 

On 02/06/2022 at 15:04, Frankie said:

Lundstram was placed in the top three most often (19 times) followed by Bassey (18 times) and Aribo (17 times)

What an achievement that is by the way given how much of a non-event the first half of the season was for him. 

On 03/06/2022 at 09:44, Frankie said:

Lundstram was MotM in three games out of four in late September/early October but he then fell out of the team after we drew 2-2 with Aberdeen at Ibrox later that month.

He didn't become a regular in Gio's team until February (after the 0-3 Celtic defeat) and was MotM a further 4 times from the start of April - ironically two of those came in defeats to Celtic and Braga.

PS: My numbers are only stats from the weekly MotM awards on site. @patrick.caskiemight be able to provide more in depth stuff if you ask nicely... ;)

The change in formation after the defeat at Parkhead got the best out of Lundstram. Especially when he was paired with Jack sitting in midfield. He struggled in the Beale ball midfield 3 at times and in his first few months I lost count of the times he lost a runner or let a man run by him to score against us. The red card in Europe a prime example of this too. His turnaround into a midfield mainstay has been nothing short of remarkable.

46 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

No he wasn't. 

He started the season poorly but Lundstram was the forum's MotM in three games out of four in late September/early October before falling out of the team after we drew 2-2 with Aberdeen at Ibrox later that month.

I wouldn't say he played brilliantly well but few in the team were.

8 minutes ago, Frankie said:

He started the season poorly but Lundstram was the forum's MotM in three games out of four in late September/early October before falling out of the team after we drew 2-2 with Aberdeen at Ibrox later that month.

I wouldn't say he played brilliantly well but few in the team were.

Yes, I recall there were a good 3-4 games in there - I mentioned as much above, somewhere. 

GS stated that "even first half of season he was mostly a top performer". 

That's untrue. 

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

Yes, I recall there were a good 3-4 games in there - I mentioned as much above, somewhere. 

GS stated that "even first half of season he was mostly a top performer". 

That's untrue. 

From September he was almost exclusively a top performer when he played. 

That only really leaves August for being poor but hey ho. 

He did have a bad game v Dundee Utd but was hardly alone there. 

Edited by the gunslinger