Gersnet Player of the Year 2021/22 | James Tavernier

10 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Meant to say, if anyone wants to know any stats for a particular player or players, just ask and I'll provide... :)

I'd quite like to see Lundstram's first half of the season versus his second half of the season stats.  

11 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Meant to say, if anyone wants to know any stats for a particular player or players, just ask and I'll provide... :)

Lundstram. 

When does his numbers increase? What numbers is he getting pre-January?

I don't think I'm wrong in thinking most wanted him gone in January, am I? He hadn't done much.

(For the record, I didn't want him gone - I still thought he could contribute. I never foresaw his future influence, though. Immense at times.)

Saying that, is there not a couple of games early in the season when Lundstram plays as a #6 - the position he comes to make his own - does well and then falls out of the first team again?

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

I don't think I'm wrong in thinking most wanted him gone in January, am I?

Nope.  

I'm quite glad I never jumped on that bandwagon.

Initially, I think he made mistakes because he expected more time on the ball but he has largely cut that out of his game.

4 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Lundstram. 

When does his numbers increase? What numbers is he getting pre-January?

I don't think I'm wrong in thinking most wanted him gone in January, am I? He hadn't done much.

(For the record, I didn't want him gone - I still thought he could contribute. I never foresaw his future influence, though. Immense at times.)

you are right it was weird though. He had already been the best player on the park in 8 out of his last 9 games by Jan. 

people make up their minds early at rangers and stick to those decisions far to long. A lot of the time not even for what they do on the park. 

14 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Nope.  

I'm quite glad I never jumped on that bandwagon.

Initially, I think he made mistakes because he expected more time on the ball but he has largely cut that out of his game.

For me, it was his position. 

I thought he signed as an #8; an attacking midfielder that bombed forward. It didn't work there. 

Only when he dropped into the #6 position did he start to look good. 

Lundstram was MotM in three games out of four in late September/early October but he then fell out of the team after we drew 2-2 with Aberdeen at Ibrox later that month.

He didn't become a regular in Gio's team until February (after the 0-3 Celtic defeat) and was MotM a further 4 times from the start of April - ironically two of those came in defeats to Celtic and Braga.

PS: My numbers are only stats from the weekly MotM awards on site. @patrick.caskiemight be able to provide more in depth stuff if you ask nicely... ;)

20 hours ago, Bill said:

Win together, lose together. We play as a team, continuing to blame the EL final on one player is so disappointing. 

Not as disappointing as seeing the same player make the same mistakes game after game after game after game.......

1 hour ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Not as disappointing as seeing the same player make the same mistakes game after game after game after game.......

If you say so

3 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

🤔 So lets have a different player making different mistakes. Sometimes it's better the devil you know.