France v Scotland

Thought id start a new thread on this.

Henry is out for France but Anelka will play with Trezequet upfront which is still a handful. Id rather be playing against Henry than Anelka right now.

For us, according to the beeb Ferguson will come back into the midfield in place of a striker. This is likely to be Boyd and either O Connor or Beattie will start upfront to offer a more running game. But id go with McFadden upfront.

There is also the rumour Caldwell will fit into the midfield in a defensive sitting role. I hope this isnt true as we should go with Ferguson, Fletcher and Brown in the centre with Maloney and McCulloch wider.

Id go:

Gordon

Hutton

Weir

McManus

Mcevely

McCulloch (right)

Brown

Fletcher

Ferguson

Maloney

McFadden

Thought id start a new thread on this.

Henry is out for France but Anelka will play with Trezequet upfront which is still a handful. Id rather be playing against Henry than Anelka right now.

For us, according to the beeb Ferguson will come back into the midfield in place of a striker. This is likely to be Boyd and either O Connor or Beattie will start upfront to offer a more running game. But id go with McFadden upfront.

There is also the rumour Caldwell will fit into the midfield in a defensive sitting role. I hope this isnt true as we should go with Ferguson, Fletcher and Brown in the centre with Maloney and McCulloch wider.

Id go:

Gordon

Hutton

Weir

McManus

Mcevely

McCulloch (right)

Brown

Fletcher

Ferguson

Maloney

McFadden

Looks like a decent team, maybe McCulloch up top with Mcfadden dropping into midfield, also Hartley might play

McLeish reveals tactics:

McLeish says he will forego an ultra-cautious 5-4-1 formation and repeat the more imaginative system that served Scotland well - two goals aside - against Italy in Bari earlier in the campaign.

We don't want to be camped in our own 18-yard-box and I need players who can get the ball down and use it

Scotland manager Alex McLeish

To this end he will employ a lone striker, likely to be Garry O'Connor or Kris Boyd, with support coming from a player operating in the hole just behind the main striker - Everton's James McFadden is the prime candidate.

"We are more likely to play the way we played in Italy," McLeish continued. "We didn't play with a sitting midfielder.

"We played with one midfielder further forward and as a result we managed to get over Italy's half-way line, as opposed to times in the past when we never got out of our own half."

Scotland pulled off one of the major upsets in the Euro 2008 qualifying campaign when they beat the World Cup finalists 1-0 in Glasgow last October.

And McLeish believes Scotland's bid to upset France again could be helped by the hosts desire to avenge last year's shock defeat at Hampden.

"They were smarting about it and I know they've placed a lot of importance on this game," McLeish said.

"If that can tweak on the nerves a bit, we will take any advantage we can get."

Scotland's 3-1 win over Lithuania on Saturday leaves McLeish's side one point behind France.

Italy are in third place with 17 points, one behind the Scots with Ukraine a further four points back with a game in hand.

France drew 0-0 in Italy, while Georgia grabbed a late equaliser at home to Ukraine at the weekend.

And McLeish added: "They said before the Italy game that this was even more important, so that shows you how much they're thinking about it."

A positive result for Scotland at the Parc des Princes would represent a huge step towards qualification for next year's finals.

To get a point in Paris would be an even bigger achievement than the victory at Hampden

Not sure if this is a good idea telling the French how we are going to play. They would have assumed we were playing 4-5-1 but now they will know its a 5-4-1.

I would have preferred the 4-5-1 and played the 3 central midfielders deep and let the 2 wide men get forward a support.

McLeish reveals tactics:

Not sure if this is a good idea telling the French how we are going to play. They would have assumed we were playing 4-5-1 but now they will know its a 5-4-1.

I would have preferred the 4-5-1 and played the 3 central midfielders deep and let the 2 wide men get forward a support.

But it isn't a 5-4-1 gribz. It is a 4-5-1. Mcleish is going with 4 at the back, 4 in midfield, a player in the hole between midfield and up front and then a striker.

That is a 4-5-1 or, more technically, a 4-4-1-1.

But it isn't a 5-4-1 gribz. It is a 4-5-1. Mcleish is going with 4 at the back, 4 in midfield, a player in the hole between midfield and up front and then a striker.

It sounded more to me like a 5-3-1-1

__________________Gordon__________________

Hutton____Weir____Caldwell___McManus___McEvely

_________Brown___Ferguson___Fletcher_________

_________________McFadden__________________

_________________O Connor___________________

That's how it sounded to me too Craig.

The author of the article ruled out the 451 in the opening line.

________Gordon_______

Hutton___Weir___McManus___McElevey

Brown___Fletcher__Ferguson__McCulloch

_________McFadden______

________O'Connor________

You would probably see Mcfadden dropping deeper

Anyway

Whats everyones plans tonight, where you watching the game

That's how it sounded to me too Craig.

The author of the article ruled out the 451 in the opening line.

Read it wrong, plus I heard yesterday Caldwell was due to come in, thats where Im getting the 5-4-1.