France v Scotland

A draw in Ukraine would have suited us better. We now have to beat Ukraine and Georgia to have a crack at Italy in the last game. If Italy and Scotland had enough with a draw in the last game would be good.

Absolutely unbelievable!!!

Amazin result to win in Paris. A draw would have been a fine result but a win is superb.

Im smiling like a cheshire cat all morning even though I only had 2 hours sleep after the game here.

One thing has pissed me off is the lack of coverage on the BBC websites etc. We have just beaten the French on there own patch FFS - something almost any team in the world cant do - yet there is only reports and opinions about England beating a poor Russia team. Alan Hansen should be allowed back into Scotland, he only talks about England. He had his preview the other day which had one sentance about Scotland. But this is a big middle finger up to the adopted Scots down south :flipa:

There wasnt a player who put a foot wrong, and I thought Stevie Pearson did very well when he came on - I was actually surprised it was him coming on.

McFadden has proved he has to be our first player on the team sheet. He offers something extra and is a class player. I wish Rangers got him.

I wanted a Italy win on saturday against the French as I fancied us to nick a point in Paris which would have meant we had a better head to head against them anyway and would set them further back. But if it comes down to head to head against Italy we have to beat them at hampden now (which we are capable of).

Georgia away will be tricky and a totally different type of game but we can get a draw there, and we can beat Ukraine at Hampden.

The table looks great but we still have 3 games to go but I am very confident we wont blow it!

Credit to McLeish and the team - We have had some credable games in the last few years against Italy, Holland, France (at home) and Germany and back to the win at Wembley but last night is up there on terms of a result.

Remaining Fixtures:

Saturday 13th October 2007

Faroe Islands v France

Italy v Georgia

Scotland v Ukraine

Wednesday, 17 October 2007

France v Lithuania

Georgia v Scotland

Ukraine v Faroe Islands

Saturday, 17 November 2007

Lithuania v Ukraine

Scotland v Italy

Wednesday, 21 November 2007

Georgia v Lithuania

Italy v Faroe Islands

Ukraine v France

Just shows the importance of the next match against Ukraine. If we win that then a point away to Georgia would be good enough if we beat Italy at Hampden in a cup final type match.

First and foremost - 3 pts against Ukraine then we can start talking about going to the Euro's. You have to assume France will take at least 7 pts from there last 3 games and Italy will get 6 from there 2 homes games.

Exciting stuff

Tremendous performance from Scotland...

Defended deep but were extremely well organised and generally did OK on the counter. France had lots of possession and did get in behind us a few times but we managed to deal with pretty much everything they had. The goal was very well taken by McFadden and while the goalkeeper was done by the late swerve; the touch, turn and strike is worthy of great praise.

Every Scottish player did what was asked of them and tonight is one of the best result's in Scottish football history.

With even more young players developing all the time the future is certainly bright. Even if we don't qualify from the group (and we have a great chance) the squad (and managers) deserve immense credit for their own self-belief and spirit.