Premier League 2022/23

20 hours ago, ChelseaBoy said:

The Govt has enough to fuck up let alone getting involved in this. 

Government does not have to prove guilt to enact stricter regulation.

They only require (sometimes) a preponderance of public opinion.

Legislators can sway public opinion very easily. 

On 07/02/2023 at 09:15, compo said:

As long as the money isn’t illegal what’s the problem simple its jealousy people can’t handle to much success it’s the owner’s money and as far as I’m concerned they can spend it as they like .

would love to see Rangers have access to a fraction of that wealth.

I largely agree with this. So what if the owner puts money into the club through 3rd party sponsorship deals? Why should it be limited? As long as the cash isn't repayable then what's the harm?

If you are happy with the idea that success not only can, but should, be bought, then you will see nothing wrong with what City have done. Personally, I would like to see a limit on what can be spent by any team, anything above that will result in punishment. That would put a stop to the obscene wages, transfer fees and glorification of sugar daddies that seem to be the defining factors in football today. 

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Other than UAE, Saudi or Qatari owned clubs dominating the league, not much.  

Surely that's an issue of ownership and not funding? If they don't want Middle-Eastern owners then don't allow them to buy the clubs.

1 hour ago, Biblio said:

If you are happy with the idea that success not only can, but should, be bought, then you will see nothing wrong with what City have done. Personally, I would like to see a limit on what can be spent by any team, anything above that will result in punishment. That would put a stop to the obscene wages, transfer fees and glorification of sugar daddies that seem to be the defining factors in football today. 

Is that not what we've been doing over the years? We got money from Enic, King, NTL etc, and more recently have been funded by our shareholders to a much greater extent than any other club in Scotland.

On 06/02/2023 at 17:14, Malangsob said:

FA don't need no Der Spiegel.

HOWEVER...UEFA used much of that to ban them for two years.

So, who is to say the FA cannot as well? 

This is not a court of law.

This is an organization (FA) where financial disclosure, and financial fair play is commensurate with membership. 

Rules which MC were a signatory to in 2008.

Their ass is in a sling. 

Which the Court for Arbitration in Sport (CAS) overturned.....

On 07/02/2023 at 05:15, compo said:

As long as the money isn’t illegal what’s the problem simple its jealousy people can’t handle to much success it’s the owner’s money and as far as I’m concerned they can spend it as they like .

would love to see Rangers have access to a fraction of that wealth.

But therein lies the problem.... you let these state investment funds come in with inifnite wealth and the structure of the game breaks down - you end up with, oh I don't know, a Super League, because they all want more money, more access to revenues - there is a reason Boehly suggested an all-star game - they are trying to Americanize the game... probably also wanted a 4-4-3 to gain an advantage too 🤣

On 07/02/2023 at 06:02, compo said:

Maybe Pep will leave city I hope our movers and shakers are ready to pounce 😆

You can be absolutely guaranteed that if Ange heads to Leeds they will be exclaiming that Pep really wants to manage Celtic.  Nothing surer.

18 minutes ago, craig said:

You can be absolutely guaranteed that if Ange heads to Leeds they will be exclaiming that Pep really wants to manage Celtic.  Nothing surer.

I laughed but on reflection, they probably will. There must be a special relationship with Catalonia, surely, similar to the one with Royal Madrid.