Premier League 2022/23

16 hours ago, Scott7 said:

when I first saw Roger Hynd, I thought I’d seen the new George Young. I was wrong.

He had a bit of speed for a big lad.

What he lacked in silky skills he made up for in effort if some of today’s lot would put in that kind of effort we might win something.

Just thought I'd post in here about the midfielders that are getting signed in the prem, the likes of Tonali and Szobozlai (might've butchered that) getting signed for 50/60m and Mac Allister for 35m whilst Declan rice is going for 100m+ with a year left...the English tax is hilarious.

There's definite deals to be done in that area for clubs. Fulham and Brighton wanting 100m for Paulinha and Caicedo might not happen though haha.

It will be interesting to see what Klopp does with his new midfield because he hasn't coached a good attacking midfielder since Kagawa? Or maybe Gotze? Either way it's been 10 years and if he turns them into water carriers it'll be criminal.

4 hours ago, compo said:

I have a sneaking feeling that Mason Mount might turn out to be United's Deli Ali .

The new Chelsea manager hasn’t even given Mason Mount a chance to prove himself. Maybe it’s Chelsea moving out whoever they can so as they can bring in much needed CB’s and a GK too. 

3 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

The new Chelsea manager hasn’t even given Mason Mount a chance to prove himself. Maybe it’s Chelsea moving out whoever they can so as they can bring in much needed CB’s and a GK too. 

Much needed GK, AM (Caicedo?) and maybe another CB or CF if a deal can be done.

18 hours ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Much needed GK, AM (Caicedo?) and maybe another CB or CF if a deal can be done.

I think the pensioners will do well in the coming season 

On 04/07/2023 at 18:24, compo said:

I think the pensioners will do well in the coming season 

Can't do much worse, and if we did, we would be relegated!!

Luton, Sheff Utd and Wolves my pick for relegation?

2 hours ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Can't do much worse, and if we did, we would be relegated!!

Luton, Sheff Utd and Wolves my pick for relegation?

A decent manager will make the difference if he gets the same performances at the Bridge as he got at Spurs and with money to invest unlike Levy who’s as tight as a coat of paint he should be in the mix