Premier League 2022/23

1 hour ago, Malangsob said:

I would love to see what Fredo could do in the EPL though. 

he could never in a million years hack it this was his level here in Scotland 

1 minute ago, compo said:

he could never in a million years hack it this was his level here in Scotland 

He did well in Europe, so I'd suggest his level is higher than Scotland. It's not as high as we think it is, though. 

Can’t say I’m impressed with the progress on Everton’s new stadium I know they secured £170 million of funding yesterday maybe that’s been the holdup add that to the fans being unhappy about the appointment of Bill Kenwright as chairman.

On 24/06/2023 at 01:33, compo said:

Can’t say I’m impressed with the progress on Everton’s new stadium I know they secured £170 million of funding yesterday maybe that’s been the holdup add that to the fans being unhappy about the appointment of Bill Kenwright as chairman.

By the time it is said and done I think Everton will occupy at least one solid case study in an MBA course. 

They are going to be one hell of a good deal in a year or two.

Haalands goals for City in the prem. In terms of movement and positioning it's the best I've seen but for me, probably because I was in high school at the time, Suarez still had a better season in 13/14. Considering he was playing with Joe Allen, Jon Flanagan and Aly Cissokho and damn near dragged them to the title. I'd actually say Drogba had a better season in 08/09 as well, he was a beast that season.

What do you guys think? I struggle to get excited watching Haaland play but his intelligence in the box is unreal. It's a shame Bernardo Silva is leaving because he's the player in that City team I'd pay to see at his best, incredibly silky player.

I wonder how many seasons Haaland will have. He performs consistently well. His athleticism is excellent for a man his size. That’s where the question arises. For how long can his athleticism match his bulk? Suarez and Drogba were cracking players - energy, physicality and skill - but this season and probably next, Haaland outperforms them.

Over a number of seasons, though, my man is Aguero.

2 hours ago, Scott7 said:

I wonder how many seasons Haaland will have. He performs consistently well. His athleticism is excellent for a man his size. That’s where the question arises. For how long can his athleticism match his bulk? Suarez and Drogba were cracking players - energy, physicality and skill - but this season and probably next, Haaland outperforms them.

Over a number of seasons, though, my man is Aguero.

Reminds me of bigRoger Hynd  in the physique side of things if only Roger has his goal scoring ability