Helander injured again!

1 hour ago, BEARGER said:

Helander not training. Another injury or is it a continuation of previous? 

the topic title is a bit hysterical, given that you then admit you don't know anything about it.

9 hours ago, buster. said:

If you have an injury prone Helander in the squad, you really shouldn't be recruiting another injury prone centre half #Souttar

Asking for problems

Helander must be lonely, they can keep each other company.

34 minutes ago, onevision said:

Helander must be lonely, they can keep each other company.

Here is hoping Souttar can stay fit,...... but I think it is more about hope than judgement.

Too many players in the squad that need managed, either for age or chronic injury.

We have recruited a level of ability for a reduced price (eg. Helander, Roofe) because of their injury history.

There is a fairly high risk involved and 2 in the same area of the team increases that risk.....but then we are sponsered by a betting company.

Saw this somewhere else:

"Helander pulled up in training and is now set to go undergo tests.

Speaking earlier about the situation, van Bronckhorst said: "Filip was doing well this week, and then on Thursday he felt something.

"So we kept him out of the training to make sure that we assess that feeling that he has even more.

"Hopefully, he can continue with training very shortly."

Right now, we have 6 natural centre-halfs, plus 2 people who can play there. I would assume that Katic and Simpson are well down the pecking order, but Gio will want to see Katic in person before any decision, while Simpson can also play left-back. I assume that Goldson, Helander and Souttar are first choice, King, Bassey and Sands are the prime deputies. As unfortunate as Helander`s injury is, the season is long and we need cover, even it is means that Souttar and Helander will rotate between playing field and treatment room - which is what the common feeling seems to be. It will be interesting to see what the future holds for Katic and Simpson, but as long as there are no buyers ...

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

I don't see any future for Simpson; he's not good enough. 

While I'm not a fan, I feel like Katic could play a part?

I think we need to see if Katic returns a better player after his season away before writing him off. Him or King could yet become first choice by default - Simpson probably will go before the window closes and Helander & Souttar will inevitably have spells out.