Hibs owner Ron Gordon salutes Rangers and argues 'no club' has advanced Scottish football...

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I feel like it's the wrong way round: They seem to want all the benefits to improve the product. 

We should be improving the product to reap the benefits. 

If you are underselling your current product, then there is room to improve benefits with same product.

Thereafter, yes.

4 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I feel like it's the wrong way round: They seem to want all the benefits to improve the product. 

I think in typical American fashion they are looking for more capital to increase investment in the product. 

I don't think we have got the best TV deal we could have got. We don't have the best sponsorship deal we could have got. I have no confidence in the abilities of Doncaster & co. We have a track record of appointing people who have leanings towards the dark side who seem to make multiple bad decisions. I'm not crying conspiracy but cronyism is real and you can evidence it with the likes of Regan, Doncaster and Mitchell.   

8 minutes ago, buster. said:

If you are underselling your current product, then there is room to improve benefits with same product.

Thereafter, yes.

I keep hearing that we're underselling our product, and that may well be true to an extent, but I don't think it's as much as many think. 

The football is trash. 

You made the point above: Sligo Rovers beating Motherwell. The winners of the League of Ireland get 200k, while the Scottish winners get £3.2M (Motherwell received £1.8M). 

On another level, we are 'competing' with Dortmund and Leipzig, with a fraction of the budget. You can play good football on a budget. 

47 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I keep hearing that we're underselling our product, and that may well be true to an extent, but I don't think it's as much as many think. 

The football is trash. 

You made the point above: Sligo Rovers beating Motherwell. The winners of the League of Ireland get 200k, while the Scottish winners get £3.2M (Motherwell received £1.8M). 

On another level, we are 'competing' with Dortmund and Leipzig, with a fraction of the budget. You can play good football on a budget. 

I think we are underselling it but yes, there are many issues to address.

The fundamental is (lack of) leadership at executive level and a business structure that doesn't work.

Things would get pretty interesting if the American's got a hold of the Edinburgh clubs and put their know how into them. To go off on a bit of a tangent, the MLS clubs are worth hundreds of millions of dollars in some cases yet have absolutely bang average playing squads. So it'll be interesting seeing them operate in the SPL. 

Although what he's stated in the article is just simple fact, it is all about the Rangers, it always has been. 

2 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Starting with a TV contract that's worth a damn?

I think Mr. Gordon's point is that there has to be the WILL to improve.

Look at the Rhats for example...five years of unimpeded dominance of the league...CL qualifiers every year...what do they have to show for it?

Some GD disco lights...and a mostly vacuous, "9 in a row".

Gordon sees the truth.

That truth is, we are the only club that actually gives a shit...beyond the border.

The rest are just there filling a badge.

2 hours ago, Nevermind said:

Things would get pretty interesting if the American's got a hold of the Edinburgh clubs and put their know how into them. To go off on a bit of a tangent, the MLS clubs are worth hundreds of millions of dollars in some cases yet have absolutely bang average playing squads. So it'll be interesting seeing them operate in the SPL. 

Although what he's stated in the article is just simple fact, it is all about the Rangers, it always has been.