Hibs owner Ron Gordon salutes Rangers and argues 'no club' has advanced Scottish football...

12 hours ago, Yorkie Bear said:

First the BBC come grovelling. Now the Hibbies extol our virtues. Where will it end?

I remember someone saying many years ago that the a lie will go round the world before the truth gets its boots on.  Maybe that time has come.  The haters have finally stopped kicking.  The scottish media bubble that danced over us has finally burst.  It's not popular to hate Rangers anymore.  Not when the the world media are doing the opposite.   I will say the demise of the puppet master Liewell seems to be the turning point.  A pack of cards indeed.

Scottish co-efficient might be in for a relatively bad time of it this season.

Motherwell are convincingly beaten by a midtable Irish side, home and away.

Next up, Dundee Utd against AZ Alkmaar...... No, me neither.

Then you have Celtic in a CL group*, they are going to get little to nowt.

That leaves Hearts and us.

Both to get group stage football.

If we get what we want (money and CL*), it will be very difficult.

Hearts will be doing well to be competitive and pick up anything.

* CLGS qualification does come with a 4pt. co-eff. bonus (equivalent to 2 wins)

------------------------

The Motherwell result is flagged up as a surprise, it isn't.

Have a look back at our provincial sides in Europe this past decade or so.

Ron Gordon may have the right ambition but the truth is that he can't run his own football club in a professional manner. He needs to look closer to home first and get a handle on the day to day of the Scottish game, a depressing reallity........ He is right that things need to change but that would need to start with changing things from the top. 

Scottish football is a bit rubbish and that's from the governance right down to the product on the (sometimes plastic) pitch. 

You'd hope some fresh eyes might help improve things but I'm a cynic and seriously doubt it.  There's too much cronyism and negativity involved for anything positive to really occur.

I know I should want other Scottish clubs to do well but I just can't find it within myself and do have a wee chuckle when the likes of Motherwell and Kilmarnock get knocked out by foreign diddies - probably a residual thing from 2012.  

The only people we advanced anything for was the hooped horrors by failing to beat a less than mid table German lot therefore presenting them with a golden ticket into the champions league money stage .hallelujah 

13 minutes ago, compo said:

The only people we advanced anything for was the hooped horrors by failing to beat a less than mid table German lot

Losing the league to Celtc was far worse than getting to and losing a European final.

Too many teams in the 'Professional League'.

Too many organisations and too many people involved in the governance and administration of football.  

There are your starters for 10, Ron.

You're welcome.