Gio on Lundstram sending off

7 hours ago, Bill said:

Over the years I've become convinced that Collum, Clancy and some others are essentially cheating. Not just incompetent but cheating.

What does that mean, cheating? Does it mean a premeditated intention to take decisions, deliberately and knowingly, with an objective of disadvantaging Rangers? Or is it an internal dislike of Rangers that subliminally influences their decision making. For instance, causing them to produce a red card when a more neutral stance would call for a yellow? In my book, cheating is whatever causes unfair decisions that, over a period, consistently disadvantage one club, whether deliberately or because of altered judgement.

You might say that supporters suffer the same bias in their interpretation of referees, especially those who gain a certain negative reputation. The difference of course is that supporters don't have an official obligation to be impartial and to apply the rules consistently and fairly. Referees do and some of them are cheats.

This is it. No ones saying every refereeing decision is biased. But there is a clear trend of decisions cropping up which then cost us points. Who knows, by the end of the season this could be the only contentious game and we lose the league by 2 points.

On top of that celtics fouls/cards stats have been slanted for years. 

I actually think it was considerably worse in Gerrards first couple of years. 

50 minutes ago, onevision said:

Never seen any of their match yesterday but the stats read as follows;

Fouls 11 v 12

Bookings 0 v 7

Reds for second bookings 0 v 2

So almost all of Hearts fouls were deemed bookable yet none of the tims were.

I guess that could happen in a one off game. But there's years of stats with similar outcomes. 

On 21/08/2022 at 00:13, BEARGER said:

Our manager says the Lundstram sending off was “a wee bit harsh”. Pathetic response, no mention of Hibs player who got a yellow for the same tackle, may even been worse. Are we ever going to complain about these ridiculous decisions? 

Agreed. Refs know that they will be publicly hounded if they give a decision, even a correct one, against Celtic, and that affects their decisions, whereas they know they'll be given a free ride by us.

Gio/the club could be clever about it and put pressure on without incurring the wrath of the authorities.

39 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I don't get this attitude. Why should Rangers have to win every game by 2 or 3 goals so that biased refereeing decisions don't cost us? It's unrealistic to expect that, particularly against teams that play 10 man defences, plus it allows the refs to get off the hook.

We did enough to get the 3 points and we would have had them if it wasn't for the ref.

Not simply and solely because of preventing bad decisions costing us.

Given financial disparities, we should be comfortably winning against provincial Scottish sides, period.

We seem to have went head long into Victimhood after Saturday, when our main problems are very much in house.

Collum made ONE glaring mistake (Lundstram red card) 

I think we could have went on and won with 10, but we'll never know. 

When it went to 9, we were holed beneath the water line and it WASN'T Collum's fault.

3 minutes ago, buster. said:

Collum made ONE glaring mistake (Lundstram red card) 

I think we could have went on and won with 10, but we'll never know. 

When it went to 9, we were holed beneath the water line and it WASN'T Collum's fault.

Therefore it was Collums fault for reducing us to 9, no?