• Borna Barisic
    • John Lundstram
    • Glen Kamara
    • Tom Lawrence
    • Malik Tillman
    • Ryan Kent
    • Antonio Colak

1 minute ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Sands, his aggressive ball winning defending, reading of the game and anticipation was superb.

Going to keep saying it this boy is never a midfielder. Centre back all day long..

Even if he IS considered a midfielder, I suspect that he is going to get much more game time at CB than he would in midfield.  Not only that, but he loves making vertical passes through the lines.  Passes like a midfielder but can actually defend like a CB.  And surprisingly good in the air defensively.  I think that CB position is his to lose now, even when Davies/Souttar/Helander are fit again.

1 minute ago, craig said:

Even if he IS considered a midfielder, I suspect that he is going to get much more game time at CB than he would in midfield.  Not only that, but he loves making vertical passes through the lines.  Passes like a midfielder but can actually defend like a CB.  And surprisingly good in the air defensively.  I think that CB position is his to lose now, even when Davies/Souttar/Helander are fit again.

When i watch him in midfield he reminds me of Bert Konterman wandering about playing square easy passes because thats all he can do. When he plays at centre back he does not remind me of Bert Konterman in any way what so ever. I often hear people say about him 'he does well at centre back for a midfielder'. It was that sausage Ronnie Deila that played him in midfield IIRC. Was a centre back before that and has played only at CB for the USNMT (i think).

9 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

:D I actually voted for Goldson. Was just as solid as Sanda. Tillman was excellent too

To be fair, was hard to split them - Goldson was colossal the last half hour when PSV were throwing the ball into the box at every attempt