CL Group Stage ticket info now available

1 minute ago, Bill said:

I think the stronger the profits, the more feasible it will be to address some of these investments? Perhaps money is already earmarked for these and other expenditures.

How do we quantify that? 

Yes, I think the AGM will address this. If I had to guess, disabled facilities will feature.

We wait for the relevant accounts to quantify it with precision. However, IMO it is reasonable to expect strong numbers, relative to previous years.

Just now, buster. said:

We wait for the relevant accounts to quantify it with precision. However, IMO it is reasonable to expect strong numbers, relative to previous years.

Yes, undoubtedly but there will also be non-football spending objectives and there are one or two legal uncertainties still floating around.  There's no doubt our financial position will be much healthier than before but, since we've been a loss-making basket case for years now, that isn't necessarily saying as much as some seem to believe. One thing a prudent board might to is establish a cash reserve as a buffer against future debt.

1 hour ago, buster. said:

The ticket prices have sparked a wider debate.

Recently on Gersnet, mygers came under the microscope. As the cost of living grows disproportionately to wages, the noise will get louder.

The club would be wise to make tangible inroads in giving something back to those they repeatedly praise as loyal supporters but treat as mug clients who they can fleece, repeatedly. It isn't that they don't reward loyalty, they put a 'tax' (mygers) on it

Invest in disabled facilities, ticket operations, pre-season friendly on ST book or whatever....but now that finances are under control, take the opportunity to quell potential loss of revenue and create some goodwill. I think you will see something announced at the AGM.

Ultimately, positive on-pitch results mean they can continue to do as they please but go out of Europe before Xmas and fall behind in the league and it may go the other way.

Every time you buy something from Rangers you know what you are getting.

MyGers most certainly does reward loyalty. Among other things I got a ticket for Seville thanks to MyGers. I'm not sure what other people are looking for.

Why torture yourself with a fairy story about 'giving something back'?

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

Yes, undoubtedly but there will also be non-football spending objectives and there are one or two legal uncertainties still floating around.  There's no doubt our financial position will be much healthier than before but, since we've been a loss-making basket case for years now, that isn't necessarily saying as much as some seem to believe. One thing a prudent board might to is establish a cash reserve as a buffer against future debt.

Agreed

I think the club have to a degree, caused the heavier focus on the positive (or lack of consideration of the 'negative'),  with the way it communicates on the numbers/issues.

They present everything in a very positive way. Ok and partly understandable but it means a lack of general awareness on the other side of the balance sheet.