CL Group Stage ticket info now available

28 minutes ago, craig said:

I am maybe wrong but I believe that Rangers of today is markedly different to the CL crowds of 30,000 - we went through such turmoil after 2012 that our loyalty is even greater than it was back then.  For many, they recognise there was a period in 2012 that they may not get to see the club play ever again.  Of course, I could be wrong, but I can't see crowds that low at CL games, at least not in the short to medium term.  And when we were getting those crowds were we not fairly regular in the CL, whereas now it is seen as a surprise ?

They know it is a calculated risk charging significantly more than Celtic - and the uptake of tickets will determine, at least short term, if it was a wise one - I suspect it will be sold out and they will say it was priced right.  Longer term, who knows ?

Yeah, you're right that it's different today than it was in the mid-90s, but the fall away of crowds didn't happen overnight. That season was only our second ever season in the CL group stages after being knocked out in the first round in the prior 2 seasons, so it certainly wasn't based on familiarity. However, it's a lot less likely to happen currently.

There's also a moral argument. Based on the "it's justified if we sell it out" argument, we could sell any available OF tickets at £500 and sell them all, but we shouldn't just because we can.

Flights for our last game ended up being cancelled due to overpricing and they couldn't get a smaller plane when the uptake wasn't great and we ended up with smaller crowds at our away games than we could have had so high prices have already had an impact.

47 minutes ago, craig said:

They have a waiting list for ST's do they not ?  I suspect they see the demand and are operating on the premise that those in waiting will pay if those pissed off give up their ST's.  They will 100% know that they are pissing some fans off - but they also will be banking on us having fairly short term memories, which we largely do :roflmao:

I am maybe wrong but I believe that Rangers of today is markedly different to the CL crowds of 30,000 - we went through such turmoil after 2012 that our loyalty is even greater than it was back then.  For many, they recognise there was a period in 2012 that they may not get to see the club play ever again.  Of course, I could be wrong, but I can't see crowds that low at CL games, at least not in the short to medium term.  And when we were getting those crowds were we not fairly regular in the CL, whereas now it is seen as a surprise ?

They know it is a calculated risk charging significantly more than Celtic - and the uptake of tickets will determine, at least short term, if it was a wise one - I suspect it will be sold out and they will say it was priced right.  Longer term, who knows ?

A blind man could see the economic hardships that are already here for some and around the corner for many others. 

Football is a luxury.

10 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Yeah, you're right that it's different today than it was in the mid-90s, but the fall away of crowds didn't happen overnight. That season was only our second ever season in the CL group stages after being knocked out in the first round in the prior 2 seasons, so it certainly wasn't based on familiarity. However, it's a lot less likely to happen currently.

There's also a moral argument. Based on the "it's justified if we sell it out" argument, we could sell any available OF tickets at £500 and sell them all, but we shouldn't just because we can.

Flights for our last game ended up being cancelled due to overpricing and they couldn't get a smaller plane when the uptake wasn't great and we ended up with smaller crowds at our away games than we could have had so high prices have already had an impact.

It is a balancing act for sure.  And for the large part I am playing devils advocate.  But the club custodians have to maximise revenue - whether they take a short term approach to that or look longer term and which one is better and generates more revenue isnt for me to decide.

As I said, I am fortunate enough I can afford the tickets - but if we can separate fan from club for a second I don't think many of us would say the club are doing the wrong thing here, especially when you break it down to the basics that they are trying to maximise revenue.  Unpalatable ?  Sure.  But understandable ?  Also definitely, IMO

7 minutes ago, buster. said:

A blind man could see the economic hardships that are already here for some and around the corner for many others. 

Football is a luxury.

Not sure what the relevance of that post is in respect to that of mine which you quoted

15 minutes ago, craig said:

18 minutes ago, craig said:

It is a balancing act for sure.  And for the large part I am playing devils advocate.  But the club custodians have to maximise revenue - whether they take a short term approach to that or look longer term and which one is better and generates more revenue isnt for me to decide.

As I said, I am fortunate enough I can afford the tickets - but if we can separate fan from club for a second I don't think many of us would say the club are doing the wrong thing here, especially when you break it down to the basics that they are trying to maximise revenue.  Unpalatable ?  Sure.  But understandable ?  Also definitely, IMO

You say it is a "balancing act".

However you defend an "act" with little to no balance.

Edited by buster.

Anyone expecting the club to reward us for loyalty would be best advised not to hold their breath.  It's not going to happen.  

I'm looking forward to all the tourist fans around me at the three home matches.  🙄

15 minutes ago, buster. said:

You say it is a "balancing act".

However you defend an "act" with little to no balance.

So I didnt say that I understood the frustrations of people who werent as fortunate as myself ?  Deary me.  Are you trying to be obstinate on purpose ?

I have no hesitation in paying the price,although I am on concession,but would gladly pay full price.

I have been through many good and bad times with the club since I first went in the early 60's attending full houses,sitting on the terracing in a mid week game one time in a poorly attended game.

I missed a lot of the nine in a row stuff and seeing a lot of stars that we had,due to working commitments.

Was lucky to get a season ticket at the start of the journey and have endured some of the heartaches we went through then.

The club is now on the up and long may it continue and being able to attend the CL games is a massive bonus.