CL Group Stage ticket info now available

The pros and cons that the Champion League brings.

The club will have increased costs that they need to cover and being 31st of 32 teams in the 10 year co-efficient limits the guaranted revenue.

Win a home game and it will double the evening's takings.

The non-stop money grab from our club these days would give David Murray a red neck. 

£150-£180 for season ticket holders is obscene. 

It looks like the "journey" has just brought us back to what we had before, give us your cash, sit down, shut up, and dont expect us to say thanks. 

For all the money raised in the last 12 months you would think a little humility and a reduced price as a thanks for our loyal support over the last decade especially wouldn't have been beyond them. Not that long ago we all paid around £500 to watch a full season on a dodgy RTV internet feed. 

Now waiting on CTM Sport offering a first class price for a 3rd class service to go to Holland. After their two previous failed attempts at extortion (£700 for Belgium and £675 to Eindhoven) what price for Amsterdam, one of the worlds biggest and cheapest airports to fly into?

1 minute ago, craig said:

Tinfoil hat time......

I don't blame the club for pricing it as they have.  Yes, our fanbase are loyal and I would be very surprised to see the full allocation not being taken up which means the club have got it "right" - the club still need to maximise income and if the full allocation gets taken up at what are the maximum prices authorised by UEFA then they have done the right thing in terms of revenue maximisation.

It is easy for me to say as I am fortunate enough to have the means to be able to pay it, so I absolutely understand people's frustrations.  However, the "journey" has cost fans a fair bit of money but it has cost Park and the Board a significant sum too.  We can't surely on the one hand be asking for the club to get us to self-sustainability and then bemoaning when they maximise a legitimate revenue stream ?

I disagree with the "for all the money raised in the last 12 months" argument - are we to just rest on our laurels as a club and say "wow, we made a nice chunk from Patterson and Bassey, lets just give discounted CL prices as a thank you".  Like it or not, it is a business.  Maximising revenue is what they SHOULD be doing.  And if the full allocation is taken up then they have done the right thing for the club.

On a much smaller scale I was the Treasurer of a club here in Bermuda and it seemed that as a club we constantly would just give stuff away "to be nice" - free this and free that.... and the club ended up broke, with bills to pay and I had to completely restructure how we did things.  Much smaller scale but the reality is that if you don't maximise your income then you are missing an opportunity.

Always happy to agree to disagree - but IMHO the Club have done the right thing..... IF they maximise the allocation

On the money! I actually feared it might be nearer £200 but what do we expect .... the club is striving to achieve as much as it can and that has to include maximising income opportunities.

It's not as it the club is asking something for nothing, CL football is what we all wanted and every one of us puts considerable value on it ... so does the club and rightly so. But in these difficult times, anyone who feels the price is unacceptable should exercise buyer's rights and decline to purchase. I've every confidence all the tickets will sell.

13 minutes ago, craig said:

Tinfoil hat time......

I don't blame the club for pricing it as they have.  Yes, our fanbase are loyal and I would be very surprised to see the full allocation not being taken up which means the club have got it "right" - the club still need to maximise income and if the full allocation gets taken up at what are the maximum prices authorised by UEFA then they have done the right thing in terms of revenue maximisation.

It is easy for me to say as I am fortunate enough to have the means to be able to pay it, so I absolutely understand people's frustrations.  However, the "journey" has cost fans a fair bit of money but it has cost Park and the Board a significant sum too.  We can't surely on the one hand be asking for the club to get us to self-sustainability and then bemoaning when they maximise a legitimate revenue stream ?

I disagree with the "for all the money raised in the last 12 months" argument - are we to just rest on our laurels as a club and say "wow, we made a nice chunk from Patterson and Bassey, lets just give discounted CL prices as a thank you".  Like it or not, it is a business.  Maximising revenue is what they SHOULD be doing.  And if the full allocation is taken up then they have done the right thing for the club.

On a much smaller scale I was the Treasurer of a club here in Bermuda and it seemed that as a club we constantly would just give stuff away "to be nice" - free this and free that.... and the club ended up broke, with bills to pay and I had to completely restructure how we did things.  Much smaller scale but the reality is that if you don't maximise your income then you are missing an opportunity.

Always happy to agree to disagree - but IMHO the Club have done the right thing..... IF they maximise the allocation

I get the logic behind what you say but it comes down to business/clients....or.....sport/supporters ?

Or perhaps, somewhere between the two with the occasional rewarding of loyalty.....rather than effectively taxing it (mygers).

Edited by buster.