3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I would put Dave Vos in charge, if there's no one else easily available (which I don't believe). 

He's supposedly very highly regarded. 

I wonder what he could do if not shackled by GvB's horseshoe.

We gave Gio a 3 1/2 year contract and he's been in just over a year. He's not walking away (sic) from 2 1/2 years wages. 

Board don't have the willingness or the money to sack him (and his many minions) so looks like we're stuck with him. 

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

We gave Gio a 3 1/2 year contract and he's been in just over a year. He's not walking away (sic) from 2 1/2 years wages. 

Board don't have the willingness or the money to sack him (and his many minions) so looks like we're stuck with him. 

I agree, unfortunately. 

Unless they grow a pair... ?

Unless they dip into their own pockets (again). I don't think we have any (spare) money. 

I understand where you're coming from, but if he keeps losing matches, he will be sacked, no matter how little money we have. 

We've sacked numpties before and put worse numpties in caretaker charge. 

6 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I understand where you're coming from, but if he keeps losing matches, he will be sacked, no matter how little money we have. 

We've sacked numpties before and put worse numpties in caretaker charge. 

But its not just the money to sack Gio and his team it's also the money to entice a new manager (and team) and to rebuild the squad. 

No manager is taking the job without assurances that they can bring their backroom team with them and that they can bring in new players. 

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

People keep saying we can ignore the CL misadventure.  

The domestic stuff is now going tits up.  It isn't working.

It never has under gio.  I have no idea what our best team is and neither does our manager.  We all know what's coming in the near future.  I expect a new manager to be in place at the turn of the new year.  In the meantime I have no expectations in the current set up.  We're bang average.  

10 minutes ago, CammyF said:

But its not just the money to sack Gio and his team it's also the money to entice a new manager (and team) and to rebuild the squad. 

No manager is taking the job without assurances that they can bring their backroom team with them and that they can bring in new players. 

The shambles on the park today is on Gio but the omni shambles under many managers over the past few years now is on them.

who knows where we would be if King didn’t ditch McInnes and went to get Gerrard 

I don't believe we're that skint. We must be the only club in the world that can't afford to sack a manager.

If we are, I've outlined a couple of moves (a while ago, but in this very thread) we can make that would only cost paying off GvB and a couple of assistants. I also do not believe we need to rebuild the squad - a refresh, sure; but that's a 2-3 players? 

Basically, sack GvB and his two assistants. Appoint Vos, keep Bowley. Appoint Milsom and Culshaw as technical assistants (they're out of work). Surely that doesn't cost a lot?

But, ideally, I think we should move for Knutsen. His contract - and those of his staff, presumably -- runs out this season. 

Even the most financially troubled club - we're far from that - will sack a manager if they keep losing. Oldham Athletic have been issued several winding up orders, yet have gone through 9 managers in the last 3-4 years. You think we're worse than that?!

32 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I would put Dave Vos in charge, if there's no one else easily available (which I don't believe). 

He's supposedly very highly regarded. 

I wonder what he could do if not shackled by GvB's horseshoe.

Vos wouldn’t make any difference.

First thing we need is a clear out of players.

16 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Vos wouldn’t make any difference.

First thing we need is a clear out of players.

I wasn't suggesting Vos as an ideal replacement, just offering a cut-price solution to the argument that we're so skint we can't sack a manager.

I think he'd do better than GvB, in all honesty. Maybe not, though. 

Apparently we can't afford to pay off one manager, but we can sell and buy a whole new squad?