2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Talking a lot leads to contradictions and tying yourself in knots.  

Having a better manager will immediately result in improved performances.  It really is that simple.  

I think other changes are needed but that'll take longer/more thought.  

So who is the ‘better manager’ as you suggest?

6 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

It's irrelevant, no one will be consulting the support on that appointment. Maybe just as well really.

12 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

For me, Knutsen is the obvious candidate. 

However, that's just as an fan on the outside. I'd expect Wilson to have a shortlist of potential options. 

4 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Big step up from Bodo/Glimt ?

Definitely. That's the point, though. We're not in a position to temp managers from the top 5 (and more) leagues. Ideally, we should be looking at those doing well in the smaller leagues. (Less of a jump than SG from Liverpool U18s... )

He's outgrown Norway, and done well in Europe.

And, crucially, can implement a good style of play.  

21 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Your opinions on the team don't make sense: we need stability, but we need to totally gut the team; we need experienced players, but we've 'mismanaged a chronically old and injured squad'; we need youth, but we can't rely on them; we need to spend a lot of money, but we've not got it and never will, etc. ad nauseam. 

If you and Gonzo can't understand what I'm saying, it won't make sense.

- The club need stability

- The squad needs a rebuild

- We've mismanaged a squad with too many old and chronically injured players

- Squad needs freshness and energy

- We really need talented youth coming through, not only for energy but also because it is good for player trading model (margins). Without a functioning PTModel, I don't think we could be sustainable as a business.

- Our financial situation is challenging and I don't think we could mutually agree a termination with Gio&Co and overhaul the squad with the level of quality we woud like in one year.

- Historically (recent decades*) we generally run at a substantial loss.

- Looking ahead, I don't see us being able to turn that around without the support lowering constant expectation levels. I doubt the support will readily lower expectation levels and that will put pressure on board. This has historically* meant the board spend their way out of problem.

This board has repeatedly said that the aim is to be a sustainable business.

What do they do next ?

As far as we are concerned, the accounts are out soon and we will be able to use actual numbers (as at 30/6/22) to see where we are.

Why the welcome difference yesterday ?

- Gio

- Players

- Aberdeen tactics and gobshite manager

- combination of above

I think Gio got the team right and for a change, the players were up for it and showed character after going behind.

As with Hearts at Tynecastle, having more space to play into allowed our creative players do stuff.

Breathing space for Gio 

All out attack against Ajax, given we are struggling for defenders 😃

14 minutes ago, buster. said:

If you and Gonzo can't understand what I'm saying, it won't make sense.

- The club need stability

- The squad needs a rebuild

- We've mismanaged a squad with too many old and chronically injured players

- Squad needs freshness and energy

- We really need talented youth coming through, not only for energy but also because it is good for player trading model (margins). Without a functioning PTModel, I don't think we could be sustainable as a business.

- Our financial situation is challenging and I don't think we could mutually agree a termination with Gio&Co and overhaul the squad with the level of quality we woud like in one year.

- Historically (recent decades*) we generally run at a substantial loss.

- Looking ahead, I don't see us being able to turn that around without the support lowering constant expectation levels. I doubt the support will readily lower expectation levels and that will put pressure on board. This has historically* meant the board spend their way out of problem.

This board has repeatedly said that the aim is to be a sustainable business.

What do they do next ?

As far as we are concerned, the accounts are out soon and we will be able to use actual numbers (as at 30/6/22) to see where we are.

To summarise: we need to do lots of stuff that we can't afford to do, so we'll just have to accept second best.