FK Bodø/Glimt are currently 15 points behind the leaders in Eliteserien. Whilst he has done well, it looks like his good times are coming to an end (sounds a bit like Gios time in Holland).

I don't think any manager would allow the board to "hand-pick" their assistants - they'd want to work with people they knew and trusted

Edited by CammyF

10 minutes ago, CammyF said:

FK Bodø/Glimt are currently 15 points behind the leaders in Eliteserien. Whilst he has done well, it looks like his good times are coming to an end (sounds a bit like Gios time in Holland).

I don't think any manager would allow the board to "hand-pick" their assistants - they'd want to work with people they knew and trusted

I think Molde are already champions?

Haud on! You were saying Knutsen was too good for us, and now you're suggest he's p*sh? :D

Nice of you to check, though.

You're correct, a manager will want his own staff. I'm just trying to offer a solution - not that it matters in the end. 

54 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I would put Dave Vos in charge, if there's no one else easily available (which I don't believe). 

He's supposedly very highly regarded. 

I wonder what he could do if not shackled by GvB's horseshoe.

I don't imagine that he has some secret formula that he is keeping from the manager.

15 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

I don't think it's currently a case of can we afford to sack the manager it's now a case can we afford not to sack the manager.

I think that we could go close in the Euro Conference League, 23/24.

1 minute ago, ranger_syntax said:

I don't imagine that he has some secret formula that he is keeping from the manager.

Possibly not, but he will be directed by GvB, rather than having the freedom to implement his own ideas.

A bit like Beale playing a more expansive style with QPR than he ever did with us.

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I think Molde are already champions?

Haud on! You were saying Knutsen was too good for us, and now you're suggest he's p*sh? :D

Nice of you to check, though.

You're correct, a manager will want his own staff. I'm just trying to offer a solution - not that it matters in the end. 

The board will have a solution, I'm sure they are just awaiting the right time to roll it out to us customers. Meanwhile, we'll just be expected to keep throwing our hard-earned in their direction and sit back, shut up and let them get on with it. 

2 minutes ago, CammyF said:

The board will have a solution, I'm sure they are just awaiting the right time to roll it out to us customers. Meanwhile, we'll just be expected to keep throwing our hard-earned in their direction and sit back, shut up and let them get on with it. 

You're really stuck in a pit of dispair, aren't you? :D

Just now, Rousseau said:

You're really stuck in that pit of depression, aren't you? :D

Yeah, I'm just hoping Bisgrove can talk Castore into releasing a Gio Out range in the lead up to Christmas - it'll literally fly off the shelves.