2 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

I don’t think the signings have been fine. That’s a big part of the problem. Too many are injured or can’t get in the starting XI. 

Injuries are a problem, but the fact they can't get into the team is GvB's fault, IMO; I think they're good enough to play more. 

26 minutes ago, rbr said:

Ross Wilson signings that I can think of, 

Hagi ,Kamberi, Bassey,McLaughlan ,Defoe ( though he signed on loan prior to Wilson , he signed a contract under Wilson ) ,Balogun , Simpson ,Roofe ,

Itten , Bacuna , Diallo , Sakala , Zungu ,Wright , Ofoborh ( giving this one a pass due to the boys health issue ), Lundstram , Sands ( loan with option ) ,Tillman (loan with option ) , Zukowski , Ramsey , Matondo , Colak , Yilmaz , Souttar , Lawrence , The other boy from Leicester that I can't remember his name , Helander , then there are loads at academy level  .

Realistically that's a horrendous list of failures imho .

It's not horrendous. 

Good: Hagi, Bassey, McLaughlin, Defoe, Balogun, Itten, Sakala, Wright, Lundstram, Sands, Tillman, Matondo, Colak, Yilmaz, Lawrence.

Bad: Kamberi, Simpson, Diallo, Zungu, Ramsey, Zukowski (homesickness, but a good young player, with potential so I wouldn't say it was a bad move). 

Roofe and Helander are good players, but with their injuries they're not great signings. We can't get players of their quality. I wouldn't say they were bad, though. 

Itten didn't work out, but I think he's a good player with potential. He's scoring for fun for the champions of Switzerland just now. I don't think we used him properly. 

(Bacuna - I'm still convinced this was done for a quick flip, which did make us money.)

Like I've said, it's not egregiously bad. 

35 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

It's not horrendous. 

Good: Hagi, Bassey, McLaughlin, Defoe, Balogun, Itten, Sakala, Wright, Lundstram, Sands, Tillman, Matondo, Colak, Yilmaz, Lawrence.

Bad: Kamberi, Simpson, Diallo, Zungu, Ramsey, Zukowski (homesickness, but a good young player, with potential so I wouldn't say it was a bad move). 

Roofe and Helander are good players, but with their injuries they're not great signings. We can't get players of their quality. I wouldn't say they were bad, though. 

Itten didn't work out, but I think he's a good player with potential. He's scoring for fun for the champions of Switzerland just now. I don't think we used him properly. 

(Bacuna - I'm still convinced this was done for a quick flip, which did make us money.)

In the good section , there are at most 4 who would be considered first picks if all fit 🤔,  the rest squad fillers .

I agree about Roofe and Helander , also who signed Aribo 

13 hours ago, rbr said:

In the good section , there are at most 4 who would be considered first picks if all fit 🤔,  the rest squad fillers .

I agree about Roofe and Helander , also who signed Aribo 

A squad filler is still a good signing. 

I think Aribo was just before - like 3 months before. Not sure he counts. 

5 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

So, we won but I'm assuming last night didn't change many opinions on the manager?

I think the board will stick with GvB unless the league campaign starts getting really desperate, unfortunately.  

It only reinforced what we have all been thinking. No playing style, no game plan. Rely on individual moments of brilliance to make things happen. Set pieces are meek. Defending looks dodgy.

On 08/11/2022 at 14:01, Rousseau said:

It's not horrendous. 

I honestly can't grasp how you can put Matondo in the "good" group