4 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

I don't know.

Perhaps the board think that it is a waste of time.

Club1872 will just have to cast a vote like all of the other shareholders.

So only accountable to shareholders who they believe aren't a waste of time, and only at AGM?

Not very accountable are they....

8 minutes ago, CammyF said:

So only accountable to shareholders who they believe aren't a waste of time, and only at AGM?

Not very accountable are they....

I think that I'm right to say that shareholders get a vote regardless of board member opinions.

This board will be as accountable as any other board in any other similarly structured company.

Rangers fans, in general, are not holding the board to account at present. That does not mean that the board is unaccountable.

18 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

I think that I'm right to say that shareholders get a vote regardless of board member opinions.

This board will be as accountable as any other board in any other similarly structured company.

Rangers fans, in general, are not holding the board to account at present. That does not mean that the board is unaccountable.

It does of they refuse to talk to shareholders (as they have with Club1872).

48 minutes ago, CammyF said:

It's important that THEY speak to US..... 

Why? I think what’s important is they do their jobs well and deliver a winning team while keeping the club financially secure. In the end, the harsh truth is the directors are accountable to the shareholders not the fans. 

19 minutes ago, Bill said:

Why? I think what’s important is they do their jobs well and deliver a winning team while keeping the club financially secure. In the end, the harsh truth is the directors are accountable to the shareholders not the fans. 

But what about fans who are shareholders?

Given that Bisgrove has confirmed that fans are the biggest financial contributors to the club, we deserve to be engaged. 

Otherwise for fans its pay up and shut up. What a terrible way to treat your paying customers. 

16 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Otherwise for fans its pay up and shut up. What a terrible way to treat your paying customers. 

Football is a unique business and supporting a football club is a unique state of mind. I have been a Rangers supporter since time immemorial. I don’t know how it came about. The advice of big brother I suspect. Why I took that advice ahead of father (Spider) mother (Hibbee) big sister (Aberdeen) I don’t quite know. I liked the sound of the name and.  I liked the colour blue. I could reel off the Iron Curtain well before I was completely proficient in multiplication tables. And that’s it. I couldn’t change. I’ve never wanted to change even though I admit the many triumphs are always marred by the memory of disasters and strangely, worse, spells of mediocrity and the anticipation that they could all happen again

So there it is. I don’t own the club. I’m not a shareholder. The club owes me nothing. In the days when I attended matches, I paid my gate money and in exchange, got to see a game of football. I very rarely buy merchandise - too tatty mostly and I don’t wear team shirts - but if I were to buy something I would get the use of the article and the club doesn’t have to acknowledge my great generosity. Oh, I can rant and rave with the worst but I know that’s all I can do.

Rangers - take them or leave them. I won’t leave them so I just have to take them.

43 minutes ago, CammyF said:

But what about fans who are shareholders?

Fans who are shareholders are shareholders.

44 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Given that Bisgrove has confirmed that fans are the biggest financial contributors to the club, we deserve to be engaged.

Deserve, maybe .... but there's no obligation.

45 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Are you searching for "fairness"?