5 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

Marcel Van Der Kraan (Dutch sports editor) on SSN

“Gio aware or unrest among the fans but injuries are playing a big part. Gio on the understanding that he will be there after the world cup and knows he needs to work hard with the players.”

FFS.

giphy.gif

Quite clear he is going nowhere and the board are going to have him Murty through the season. They have written this season off by not removing him a few weeks back. Going to be fun having a re run of the pre Gerrard days.

When Gerrard left we had an international break to move quickly, get a new manager in and have a LC Semi against Hibs to win. They took forever with the process and the result was a capitulation at Hampden. 

Definition of insanity etc etc

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

IMHO, we will see a different Rangers once most of the currently injured people are back. Some will take longer, some may never play a game again, but Roofe, Hagi, Lawrence, Davies and Sakala will all play a part. Likewise, we might well cut a few chaps loose in January and sign some much needed inforcements. I won't start a new transfer thread for a couple of weeks, though, so some can cool down their nerves before that ... 😛

3 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

IMHO, we will see a different Rangers once most of the currently injured people are back. Some will take longer, some may never play a game again, but Roofe, Hagi, Lawrence, Davies and Sakala will all play a part. Likewise, we might well cut a few chaps loose in January and sign some much needed inforcements. I won't start a new transfer thread for a couple of weeks, though, so some can cool down their nerves before that ... 😛

Out of those you listed only Goldson and Hagi have ever been regular and contributing well. Roofe is a waste of a squad place, Davies seems to be another Roofe and Sakala is clearly not favoured by Gio nor has he made an impact recently despite showing up well. Lawrence would be good to get back but he is another the club are basically closing down comms on and pretending he doesn't exist for some reason.

These players coming back doesn't fix our dreadful defending at corners and throw ins, our clear lack of attacking capability at attacking set pieces and throw ins, our possession heavy low impact style, our dreadful away record under this coaching staff, our habitual reverting to crossing constantly when we run out of ideas after 20 minutes. Not to mention we have so many players dropping like flies right now that there is no guarantee any of these guys dont get injured again in the short term. 

This idea that getting a few players back from injury is going to fix our problems is lunacy. We have 4 games before the transfer window opens and we will not take full points. Including trips to Dingwall and Aberdeen which cost us last season with a near full compliment of players to chose from.

As the league will pretty much be over I doubt we will bring in anyone over the window as there isn't really much point given we'll have a manager on the way out and a team going through the motions. It looks like all the eggs are going in next seasons basket.

38 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Out of those you listed only Goldson and Hagi have ever been regular and contributing well. Roofe is a waste of a squad place, Davies seems to be another Roofe and Sakala is clearly not favoured by Gio nor has he made an impact recently despite showing up well. Lawrence would be good to get back but he is another the club are basically closing down comms on and pretending he doesn't exist for some reason.

These players coming back doesn't fix our dreadful defending at corners and throw ins, our clear lack of attacking capability at attacking set pieces and throw ins, our possession heavy low impact style, our dreadful away record under this coaching staff, our habitual reverting to crossing constantly when we run out of ideas after 20 minutes. Not to mention we have so many players dropping like flies right now that there is no guarantee any of these guys dont get injured again in the short term. 

This idea that getting a few players back from injury is going to fix our problems is lunacy. We have 4 games before the transfer window opens and we will not take full points. Including trips to Dingwall and Aberdeen which cost us last season with a near full compliment of players to chose from.

As the league will pretty much be over I doubt we will bring in anyone over the window as there isn't really much point given we'll have a manager on the way out and a team going through the motions. It looks like all the eggs are going in next seasons basket.

You forgot the goalkeeper situation which makes absolutely no sense to me 😎

If the board truly believe Gio is the man to take us forward, I'd invite them to tell the fan base their reasons for seeing Gio as the manager to win us the SPFL title and make a constant fist of European football.

In fact, I'd say the boards continued reluctance to engage with the fans is arrogant and ignorant in the extreme. A couple of car-crash interviews then radio silence doesn't constitute engagement.

Enough of my moaning, I'm away to purchase a dozen copies of the Rangers v Liverpool panoramic photos....

An expensive memento, and one totally unnecessary, as the event is seared permanently into the memory of all those unfortunate enough to have witnessed it. 

And it wisnae even signed!!

It can only have been aimed at the fhilth's own Rangers' obsessives. i m o.

4 hours ago, CammyF said:

In fact, I'd say the boards continued reluctance to engage with the fans is arrogant and ignorant in the extreme. A couple of car-crash interviews then radio silence doesn't constitute engagement.

There is no point in the board engaging with the fans.

Stupid complaints will persist no matter how much engagement there is.

Quite encouraging that the board is wasting as little time as necessary on stuff like that.