4 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Maybe.

I've wanted the club to engage with fans in the past.

Each new demand for engagement seems dumber than the last though.

I don't see any reason for the fans to be informed about anything other than fixtures and prices.

Why would fans asking for engagement be dumb?  

54 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

The board is not obliged to keep fans informed about any of that stuff.

I think that ticketing and customer experience are rubbish. Despite that I keep buying tickets. Incredible but clearly quite common.

Engaging with the fans about the manager's future will only undermine the manager. Who would want to work for such a board?

If the board are behind Gio, coming out and explaining how and why they are backing him would not undermine him, it would support him.

6 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

Each new demand for engagement seems dumber than the last though.

I don't think I've ever witnessed a "dumb demand" from any fan or fans group. 

Asking for engagement regarding areas of the club that the majority of fans feel are neglected (they've been named previously) are not "dumb" demands.

If the board are genuinely backing Gio, asking them the reasons for this isn't a "dumb demand". 

The fans are the biggest financial contributors to the club - season tickets, merch, shares, corporate hospitality, RTV, MyGers etc. 

The board are the leaders of the club, they are meant to set the example that all other departments follow, ignoring your "customer base" isn't setting an example, it's ignorant and arrogant.

1 hour ago, stewarty said:

I tried but I really should have known better. 

As you know, r_s is the master of the slow play so that it takes time for his hand to be revealed, if ever.

I assume his position is that a demand being dumb doesn’t mean or indeed imply, that the person making the demand is dumb. It’s a reasonable inference to draw, however, entitling the reader to an explanation why he should not so infer.

Expect the explanation sometime on Friday morning - if ever.

26 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

As you know, r_s is the master of the slow play so that it takes time for his hand to be revealed, if ever.

I assume his position is that a demand being dumb doesn’t mean or indeed imply, that the person making the demand is dumb. It’s a reasonable inference to draw, however, entitling the reader to an explanation why he should not so infer.

Expect the explanation sometime on Friday morning - if ever.

A generous assessment of his motives and methods.  I expect only continued trolling.