14 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Is it? I thought Scoulding(before he left, now Park probably) and the manager identified targets. Wilson did the target profiling and negotiating. 

Wilson's the head of that department, so he's ultimately responsible. 

I think you're right, though: we should be blaming the scouts for not finding the best targets. 

Hold on! Weren't you devastated that Scoulding was leaving, and that he was being replaced by Park?

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

Hold on! Weren't you devastated that Scoulding was leaving, and that he was being replaced by Park?

I wouldn't say devastated, more crestfallen that I've had to discard my matching Scoulding PJ's and duvet set. In all seriousness. Its probably time for a change in that area. 

Even someone like Matondo: I like the profile: young, cheap, incredibly quick with lots of potential. 

He's not started well, at all - although, he has 1 assist fewer (2) than Kent (3) in half the minutes played...

He should be playing, though. Surely it's better to let him get used to the culture, rather than shoehorn in Arfield? I don't quite understand why GvB can't utilise him?

Unless there are some disciplinary issues, but then why do we sign him in the first place?

48 minutes ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

Is it possible, given time, that our latest transfers will prove to be talented additions to our squad? I thinso. It's the ones from past transfer windows who have been given time and failed that annoy me a wee bit. 

Looking medium to long term is very much part of it but when you go several transfer windows bringing in so little that improves the first team and the projects don't really cut it either.....then what happens next is predictable.

8 minutes ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

There is the real issue for most fans, regarding most topics. We do not know. Is there a good reason for the lack of transparency would be my question.

No comment

22 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Interesting. 

I'm the opposite.

To say I'm 'happy' with the squad would be a stretch, but I maintain that it is, on the whole, fine. It's the manager that is the issue, for me.

The bulk of the starting XI have been around for years and there is a definite and clear distinct patterns regard apparent motivation/performance/results in both Domestic and European football (the one exception being domestic 55 season).

Lets take since the start of last season.

We had won the league a few months before but something wasn't quite right with the team/manager and this seemed to come accross on the field of play and we started 21/22 relatively poorly.

We were undefeated Champions and had won 32 from 38 games and drawn 6, two of which came after we clinched the league.

We didn't build on that win, we reverted to type (another manager and/or squad debate?).

Under SG in the League 21/22

WLWWWDWWDWWDWW

We couldn't put together a long winning run that helps you win a title.

Gio comes in.

The players seem to respond and it goes well at the beginning (League)

WWWWWWW ......then it is the winter break

For whatever reason, the squad revert to type as we return from winter break and the positive Gio effect wears off.......DWDLWWDDWWWLWWDWWW (League)

The players do seem to motivate (themselves?) for Europe and we make the final.

We come into 22/23 (League) and we resume where we had left off in May.

WWWDWLW

My conclusion is that this group of players have it in them to get to a decent level but have great difficulty in putting together the consistentcy needed to win league titles. When the domestic going gets tough, they are mentally weak and not sufficiently motivated enough to give it their best shot.

In Europe, it has generally been a different tale.

I think they basically get themselves up for it.

I also see a manager who isn't going to be able to change things (league consistency).

He doesn't appear to have the authority and respect of all the players.

Always easier to get rid of the manager than change a squad but both are overdue.

Obviously, finances make it impossible.

34 minutes ago, buster. said:

The bulk of the starting XI have been around for years and there is a definite and clear distinct patterns regard apparent motivation/performance/results in both Domestic and European football (the one exception being domestic 55 season).

Lets take since the start of last season.

We had won the league a few months before but something wasn't quite right with the team/manager and this seemed to come accross on the field of play and we started 21/22 relatively poorly.

We were undefeated Champions and had won 32 from 38 games and drawn 6, two of which came after we clinched the league.

We didn't build on that win, we reverted to type (another manager and/or squad debate?).

Under SG in the League 21/22

WLWWWDWWDWWDWW

We couldn't put together a long winning run that helps you win a title.

Gio comes in.

The players seem to respond and it goes well at the beginning (League)

WWWWWWW ......then it is the winter break

For whatever reason, the squad revert to type as we return from winter break and the positive Gio effect wears off.......DWDLWWDDWWWLWWDWWW (League)

The players do seem to motivate (themselves?) for Europe and we make the final.

We come into 22/23 (League) and we resume where we had left off in May.

WWWDWLW

My conclusion is that this group of players have it in them to get to a decent level but have great difficulty in putting together the consistentcy needed to win league titles. When the domestic going gets tough, they are mentally weak and not sufficiently motivated enough to give it their best shot.

In Europe, it has generally been a different tale.

I think they basically get themselves up for it.

I also see a manager who isn't going to be able to change things (league consistency).

He doesn't appear to have the authority and respect of all the players.

Always easier to get rid of the manager than change a squad but both are overdue.

Obviously, finances make it impossible.

I think the squad is fine. 

I think the manager is rubbish. 

:D