7 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

They backed him with cold hard cash and he delivered. That's what happened. 

I cant remember us every having an injury list this bad in the last 15 years. Maybe towards the end of Advocaats reign when the squad downed tools was the last time. Yes there have always been and will always be injuries. A handful of short term injuries is manageable. What we have right now is verging on crisis.

Yes, we know :D we are going to bring in the managerial equivalent of Jesus who can turn the tepid stale water that is our squad into league winning wine. 

And / or heel the injured

3 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

They backed him with cold hard cash and he delivered. That's what happened. 

I cant remember us every having an injury list this bad in the last 15 years. Maybe towards the end of Advocaats reign when the squad downed tools was the last time. Yes there have always been and will always be injuries. A handful of short term injuries is manageable. What we have right now is verging on crisis.

Yes, we know :D we are going to bring in the managerial equivalent of Jesus who can turn the tepid stale water that is our squad into league winning wine. 

They spent £15m, £20m and £14m prior to Ange's £18m over the last two seasons. If you think it's solely down to money, that Lennon could play the same way with Ange's players, then I can't help you. (I actually don't have a problem with them spending £20m a year. Let them get on with it. It'll come back to haunt them.)

There is a real fitness/injury issue at the moment - outwith having 3/4 perma-crocked players. Our fitness was supreme under SG and Milsom, with the same players. We should see about replacing our fitness/conditioning coach - it's not as if the football is intense! 

We don't even need a managerial "Jesus". A good coach is enough; just someone that can implement a style. I don't think that's outwith the realms of possibility. 

17 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

that Lennon could play the same way with Ange's players, then I can't help you. (I actually don't have a problem with them spending £20m a year. Let them get on with it. It'll come back to haunt them.)

Where did I say Lennon, the failed Hibs and Omonia Nicosia manager could play the same way with Ange's players?

My whole point was Ange plays this way with his players because he was financially backed to go get HIS players. 

Not sure how them spending big money on Jota, CCV and small money on Juranovic, Abada, Kyogo, wee baldy runabout man and O'Rielly is going to come back and haunt them. Doesn't seem to be haunting them much right now. The wheels will come off the Ange thing at some point in the next couple of years but they will do what they do well and turn around players for profit.

3 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Where did I say Lennon, the failed Hibs and Omonia Nicosia manager could play the same way with Ange's players?

My whole point was Ange plays this way with his players because he was financially backed to go get HIS players. 

Not sure how them spending big money on Jota, CCV and small money on Juranovic, Abada, Kyogo, wee baldy runabout man and O'Rielly is going to come back and haunt them. Doesn't seem to be haunting them much right now. The wheels will come off the Ange thing at some point in the next couple of years but they will do what they do well and turn around players for profit.

If you gave ange our players he would be top and playing exactly the same way. 

2 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

You implied that it was solely down to money. 

But if you now think it's money and a good coach, then fair enough.

I don't think throwing loads of cash at every new manager is sustainable, though. I'm much more content with a DoF model. 

If they keep spending £20m a year then a trip to the third division is in store - if we had fair governance.