Nothing will change at the moment if we are only 2 points behind (regardless of performances). If we stumble to WC break (a very big IF) with full points, we are effectively one game from going top. My hope is that we could regroup during the break and get players back. Use it as a reset and start again. 

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

9 hours ago, CammyF said:

Looks like Beale is off to Wolves, look like we missed out by letting him follow Gerrard - fully believe we could have convinced him to stay as manager.

Yes, there were a few calling for that at the time. Were you one of them?

The trouble was he had no managerial experience. 

He's still only had 3 months. 

8 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

What’s that saying, a fish rots from the head down. That’s our club right now. Not convinced Gio is the answer but a change of manager won’t fix it.

I think you're projecting. 

Change the manager to bring about a fresh approach from the team and things look better. 

11 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Yes, there were a few calling for that at the time. Were you one of them?

The trouble was he had no managerial experience. 

He's still only had 3 months. 

Yeah I think I said at the time that Beale was worth considering as it was widely believed he was the driving force behind Gerrard. 

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I think you're projecting. 

Change the manager to bring about a fresh approach from the team and things look better. 

I think maybe short term but a number of issues will still remain. Our injury prone players, current injury list, players who need game time managed, lack of available for certain positions that has been apparent for a number of seasons now, players who don’t want to be here (Kent, Morelos, Kamara).

Do we have funds to back a new manager In January or will they get a free tour of NEH and a crock on loan/Man U youth in as reinforcements.

This board don’t have a great track record in appointing managers. Gerrard was the only one that really worked out and even that took time and had limited success.

We have famously stuck by our managers over the years and unless we can get a top drawer guy in to polish this turd that is our current situation I’ll stick thanks. Boring winning football is better than Warburton, Pedro and Murty. People forget how boring and bad we were at times under Gerrard too.

Home defeat to Hamilton anyone?

5 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Yeah I think I said at the time that Beale was worth considering as it was widely believed he was the driving force behind Gerrard. 

Gerrard and Beale were good together.

Individually, I don't think they work at Ibrox.

26 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I think maybe short term but a number of issues will still remain. Our injury prone players, current injury list, players who need game time managed, lack of available for certain positions that has been apparent for a number of seasons now, players who don’t want to be here (Kent, Morelos, Kamara).

Do we have funds to back a new manager In January or will they get a free tour of NEH and a crock on loan/Man U youth in as reinforcements.

This board don’t have a great track record in appointing managers. Gerrard was the only one that really worked out and even that took time and had limited success.

We have famously stuck by our managers over the years and unless we can get a top drawer guy in to polish this turd that is our current situation I’ll stick thanks. Boring winning football is better than Warburton, Pedro and Murty. People forget how boring and bad we were at times under Gerrard too.

Home defeat to Hamilton anyone?

Yes, injuries will continue. There will always be injuries. 

I don't believe the players "don't want to be here", I just think they're badly out of form. A fresh managerial approach will rejuvenate them. (Although, saying that, I do want to see the back of Kent, so I'd let him go...)

I don't think a new manager needs "backed". That's the benefit of having a DoF. We can continue to assemble the team regardless of manager.

Managerial appointments should be the remit of the DoF. Was Gerrard Wilson's first appointment? It wasn't Pedro was it... !?

"Top drawer" managers are few and far between, but solid coaches that can implement a style are not some mythical creatures. What about the nobody they appointed? He didn't even have the right coaching badges!

13 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

What about the nobody they appointed? He didn't even have the right coaching badges!

They backed him with cold hard cash and he delivered. That's what happened. 

14 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Yes, injuries will continue. There will always be injuries. 

I cant remember us every having an injury list this bad in the last 15 years. Maybe towards the end of Advocaats reign when the squad downed tools was the last time. Yes there have always been and will always be injuries. A handful of short term injuries is manageable. What we have right now is verging on crisis.

16 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I don't think a new manager needs "backed".

Yes, we know :D we are going to bring in the managerial equivalent of Jesus who can turn the tepid stale water that is our squad into league winning wine.