14 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I don't believe I've ever seen the levels of hysteria from our on-line support as I have in the last 48 hours.

The manager should go.

The board should go.

The players aren't good enough 

etc etc etc.

You ain't kiddin buddy.

I like that about the support though...crazier than shithouse rats...but their hearts are in the right place. 

18 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I don't believe I've ever seen the levels of hysteria from our on-line support as I have in the last 48 hours.

The manager should go.

The board should go.

etc etc etc.

Yes, Saturday's performance wasn't good enough, but I don't see the need to go overboard.

If we look at the 9 in a row seasons, only 4 had better league starts to the season than this one. Even the famous 92-93 season was worse at this stage. I hate to think what the internet would be like back then. 

We've qualified for the Champions League group stages. A fantastic feat, which appears to have been forgotten.

We were in a European final a few months ago, the run to which have at least 5 games which would easily feature into my top 20 favourite Rangers games of all time. I don't believe any other season would have as many and wouldn't trade the memories of them that Gio helped give us.

We didn't spend in the transfer window and I'm as disappointed as most on that, but there's a few potential reasons for that, including FFP, the SDI settlement being a lot higher than we'd thought, and future cashflows. We are still inherently loss-making and while we may be profitable last season and this season, we still need to plan ahead and look at next season and the cashflows required.

There's even been allegations that the board are keeping the cash for themselves to repay their investments, but as he club will never pay dividends, that's patently untrue.

Things may not be perfect at the moment but they're far from the disaster that many are suggesting.

Brandon Scott Jones Reaction GIF by CBS

The football landscape has changed since those heady days. You had Abderdeen, Motherwell and others who regularly took points from both us and Celtic. Now, the results of OF games determine the outcome of the league and we are more susceptible to dropping points outwith OF games.

To be fair to those calling for Gio's head, this isn't just a recent phenomenon it's been happening (rightly or wrongly) since last season. His European record is fantastic, is domestic record is questionable, especially away from Ibrox. 2 heavy OF defeats in 3 visits to Parkhead isn't gonna get him plaudits.

The board aren't going anywhere as we are not an attractive financial investment. We play in a provincial league with little domestic income. Punching above our weight in Europe has helped our brand awareness and brought in much needed finance. However, the board should never be above questioning and their "customer communication" is horrific. 

Things aren't perfect and haven't been since securing 55 - 1 ScottIsh Cup isn't a great return (isn't the worst eaither) especially when we were 6 points ahead when Gio took over.

Europe has gotten him some grace (as it did with SG) but domestic form needs to improve and become consistently better or questions will remain and / or intensify.

12 minutes ago, CammyF said:

The football landscape has changed since those heady days. You had Abderdeen, Motherwell and others who regularly took points from both us and Celtic. Now, the results of OF games determine the outcome of the league and we are more susceptible to dropping points outwith OF games.

To be fair to those calling for Gio's head, this isn't just a recent phenomenon it's been happening (rightly or wrongly) since last season. His European record is fantastic, is domestic record is questionable, especially away from Ibrox. 2 heavy OF defeats in 3 visits to Parkhead isn't gonna get him plaudits.

The board aren't going anywhere as we are not an attractive financial investment. We play in a provincial league with little domestic income. Punching above our weight in Europe has helped our brand awareness and brought in much needed finance. However, the board should never be above questioning and their "customer communication" is horrific. 

Things aren't perfect and haven't been since securing 55 - 1 ScottIsh Cup isn't a great return (isn't the worst eaither) especially when we were 6 points ahead when Gio took over.

Europe has gotten him some grace (as it did with SG) but domestic form needs to improve and become consistently better or questions will remain and / or intensify.

And reasoned and well-made posts like this are fine and required. The club does need to be questioned but the whole toys out the pram attitude that we've seen elsewhere is of no help and in many cases is counterproductive.

2 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

And reasoned and well-made posts like this are fine and required. The club does need to be questioned but the whole toys out the pram attitude that we've seen elsewhere is of no help and in many cases is counterproductive.

It's always counterproductive.

43 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

The manager should go.

The board should go.

etc etc etc.

Yes, Saturday's performance wasn't good enough, but I don't see the need to go overboard.

If we look at the 9 in a row seasons, only 4 had better league starts to the season than this one. Even the famous 92-93 season was worse at this stage. I hate to think what the internet would be like back then. 

We've qualified for the Champions League group stages. A fantastic feat, which appears to have been forgotten.

We were in a European final a few months ago, the run to which have at least 5 games which would easily feature into my top 20 favourite Rangers games of all time. I don't believe any other season would have as many and wouldn't trade the memories of them that Gio helped give us.

We didn't spend in the transfer window and I'm as disappointed as most on that, but there's a few potential reasons for that, including FFP, the SDI settlement being a lot higher than we'd thought, and future cashflows. We are still inherently loss-making and while we may be profitable last season and this season, we still need to plan ahead and look at next season and the cashflows required.

There's even been allegations that the board are keeping the cash for themselves to repay their investments, but as he club will never pay dividends, that's patently untrue.

Things may not be perfect at the moment but they're far from the disaster that many are suggesting.

It isn't so much that it is currently a "disaster". It's more about the direction we are going.

I said a while back that this squad (as it stood) was getting stale, had several issues and it wasn't going to achieve much this season. The OF match brought that into harsh focus. We operate in a two horse race. 

That isn't hysteria in my book.

It is rational thought after looking at what is going on.

To simply take a more optimistic view is just as valid but I don't think it would be easy to justify.

Edited by buster.

15 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

We also have several first team starting players out injured. 

There were signs of moving in the right direction v ross county and we need to see that level from now on. 

An important part of this squad have in all seasons bar 55, shown themselves to be unable to keep together a consistent league season.

When we got 55, we immediately handed the title back when we should have consolidated our position.

They won't be for doing the same and we won't even get close.