5 hours ago, Bluedell said:

I don't believe I've ever seen the levels of hysteria from our on-line support as I have in the last 48 hours.

The manager should go.

The board should go.

The players aren't good enough 

etc etc etc.

Yes, Saturday's performance wasn't good enough, but I don't see the need to go overboard.

If we look at the 9 in a row seasons, only 4 had better league starts to the season than this one. Even the famous 92-93 season was worse at this stage. I hate to think what the internet would be like back then. 

We've qualified for the Champions League group stages. A fantastic feat, which appears to have been forgotten.

We were in a European final a few months ago, the run to which have at least 5 games which would easily feature into my top 20 favourite Rangers games of all time. I don't believe any other season would have as many and wouldn't trade the memories of them that Gio helped give us.

We didn't spend in the transfer window and I'm as disappointed as most on that, but there's a few potential reasons for that, including FFP, the SDI settlement being a lot higher than we'd thought, and future cashflows. We are still inherently loss-making and while we may be profitable last season and this season, we still need to plan ahead and look at next season and the cashflows required.

There's even been allegations that the board are keeping the cash for themselves to repay their investments, but as he club will never pay dividends, that's patently untrue.

Things may not be perfect at the moment but they're far from the disaster that many are suggesting.

It will be a long time for me to get over this performance.  Its not hysteria either.  I'm sick of gio trying the same lame tactics time and time again that just don't work.   He doesn't learn by his mistakes.   We are no further forward under the current management team and I expect the current trend to continue.   Our tactics are lame and team selections at times are downright baffling.   We all seen what was coming on  Saturday when we seen the team sheet,  why the he'll can't the management team see it.  The team that won the league are well past their shelf life.  Even worse still were resigning them.  Goldson kamara and Davis given new contracts.  Three of them should be no where near ibrox.   Tav..the best of a bad lot.  Hardly a queue lining up to buy him.  Kent and morelos have chucked in the towel.  

This isn't hysteria.   Our shortcomings are right in front of us for all to see.  I hope to god our fortunes change but I'm struggling to see where the manager turns it around given the tactics he employs.

I know the day after our second heavy loss in a row isn't the day for considered analysis, we're angry and we need someone to blame.

That said the season is long and we're not far into it yet, Real Madrid lost at home to a side from a country that doesn't exist last season and still won the tournament. We're not Real Madrid, I accept, but we've not become a bad side over night, as quickly as things have turned sour they can improve again. 

I can't help but feel the exertions of last season are still taking their toll. We played 65 competitive matches last season, from July to mid-May. Only one of those matches could be described as meaningless, away at Hearts at the end of the season, almost every other one was a 'must win'. As a comparison Ajax played 47 competitive matches last season.

Tav, Goldson and Kamara played over 50 games each last season (excluding Kamara's international appearances), Kent, Lundstrum, Barasic and Arfield played only a handful less. That's the core of our side. That Tav has a niggly injury and Goldson, Kent and Lundstrum are a yard off the pace can't be coincidence I feel. What this will mean for the rest of the season I can't say, but it seems clear we'll need the 'squad' a lot more in the coming weeks at least. Hopefully Davies has returned to fitness and Lawerence is only a week or two away. Likewise a fit and focused Morelos returning would be timely too. 

I'm not sure we have adequate replacements for Tav, Kamara, Kent and Lundstrum, so some younger players might need to be given time, something we're not good at. 

I get we all want to blame someone; Gio, Goldson, Ross Wilson, the board, anyone. It might get worse before it gets better, but I feel we have the right manager in place for this transitional period, I'm not sure a change of direction now would actually help. 

37 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

I know the day after our second heavy loss in a row isn't the day for considered analysis, we're angry and we need someone to blame.

That said the season is long and we're not far into it yet, Real Madrid lost at home to a side from a country that doesn't exist last season and still won the tournament. We're not Real Madrid, I accept, but we've not become a bad side over night, as quickly as things have turned sour they can improve again. 

I can't help but feel the exertions of last season are still taking their toll. We played 65 competitive matches last season, from July to mid-May. Only one of those matches could be described as meaningless, away at Hearts at the end of the season, almost every other one was a 'must win'. As a comparison Ajax played 47 competitive matches last season.

Tav, Goldson and Kamara played over 50 games each last season (excluding Kamara's international appearances), Kent, Lundstrum, Barasic and Arfield played only a handful less. That's the core of our side. That Tav has a niggly injury and Goldson, Kent and Lundstrum are a yard off the pace can't be coincidence I feel. What this will mean for the rest of the season I can't say, but it seems clear we'll need the 'squad' a lot more in the coming weeks at least. Hopefully Davies has returned to fitness and Lawerence is only a week or two away. Likewise a fit and focused Morelos returning would be timely too. 

I'm not sure we have adequate replacements for Tav, Kamara, Kent and Lundstrum, so some younger players might need to be given time, something we're not good at. 

I get we all want to blame someone; Gio, Goldson, Ross Wilson, the board, anyone. It might get worse before it gets better, but I feel we have the right manager in place for this transitional period, I'm not sure a change of direction now would actually help. 

Far to sensible John, let's get back to blaming the manager.

Consider the following :

Can the team defend?

Can the team attack?

Can the team retain possession of the ball in the middle of the pitch (or, indeed, anywhere else)?

Do the manager and his coaches appear to know what they are doing?

If you answered 'Yes' to these questions, you are an idiot, and may return to bed.

If you answered 'No' to these questions, ask:

a. What, then, is the purpose of the team?

b. Where does it go from here?

Answers to: The Manager, The Famous Glasgow Rangers, Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Ibrox, Glasgow.

Try to get your responses in before the weekend, as there is a tricky away fixture to play.

I was fed up at half time on Saturday, as our team didn`t show up. Not the first time in recent history, and it won`t be the last time. People will hare after the manager, yet, I doubt that he went out there to get defeated. Nor did the players, but THEY were the ones who let us all down, including Gio.

As it happens, straight afterwards we go to a top team in Europe that just splashed 7x more money on new players than we did on new players, including one of our best lads last season. And they rightly horsed us in our current state, despite essentially one own goal and a major defensive blunder by Jack.

We aren`t firing on all cylinders just yet, of our new signings, only Colak, Tillman and Lawrence have hit the ground running, though I was wondering whether we put too much weight on Tillman`s shoulders, given that he was playing 4th tier German footie so far, now he`s thrown in against a baying mob of 50k Yahoos or CL qualifiers. So we have started the season "poorly", if you leave out the mere matter of getting into the CL out of the equation (no laughing at the back). One mad ref job at Easter Road, a bad day at the Scumhut, and even reasonable people de facto go nuts. We`ve come to a point that people like their bout of hysteria at bang normal stuff, things we have seen for decades and yet the club turned it round, the player and the manager did. No-one here has a crystal ball and know what will happen, despite all the doom and gloom conjecture that so quickly slips into any debate after a defeat.

If you look at our squad of the last few seasons and now with open eyes, you`ll acknowledge that we punched regularly far above our weight in Europe. This season we are, at best, on par with Kopenhagen, Benfica, Maccabi, Frankfurt, Plzen and, like it or not, the Scum. The rest is way way above us and will give us a doing every other day. We might be able to grab a few points at home, but that is the only realistic target. Whether Gio is at the helm or someone else. 

As for Scotland, we have the players to beat any Scottish team (incl. ref assistance) bar the Scum. I will not start about tactics and certain over-used and over-hyped players, yet, what I would like to see is that Gio starts using the best players that he has in their natural position and uses a better, more attacking formation. That is my only bone of contention with him, as it was with SG.

19 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

If you look at our squad of the last few seasons and now with open eyes, you`ll acknowledge that we punched regularly far above our weight in Europe. This season we are, at best, on par with Kopenhagen, Benfica, Maccabi, Frankfurt, Plzen and, like it or not, the Scum. The rest is way way above us and will give us a doing every other day.

Yeah, this is my thinkin. 

We are a decent Europa side. When the stars align, and we are on our 'A game' we can hang with the best of that second tier of Europeans football.

This has been shown consistently.

However, when we start bangin with the big dogs, like Bayern M, Ajax, Real Madrid, Liverpool shit will not go right 99 out of 100.

These boys are movin $70-80--100 million per transfer window...that's some serious scratch...some big time ballers.

That is stratospheric football and nowhere near our level yet people are still freakin out, losing sight of reality.

The real is...ENJOY your team playing Ajax, Liverpool, Napoli....shit man...this is tourist time!

Teams like the ones in our group...beat teams like Rangers by three or four goals.

Look at the history of our club...be honest with yourselves.

Now, Celtic? Sure...that shit shouldn't happen...but that is our level. 

1 hour ago, Malangsob said:

Yeah, this is my thinkin. 

We are a decent Europa side. When the stars align, and we are on our 'A game' we can hang with the best of that second tier of Europeans football.

This has been shown consistently.

However, when we start bangin with the big dogs, like Bayern M, Ajax, Real Madrid, Liverpool shit will not go right 99 out of 100.

These boys are movin $70-80--100 million per transfer window...that's some serious scratch...some big time ballers.

That is stratospheric football and nowhere near our level yet people are still freakin out, losing sight of reality.

The real is...ENJOY your team playing Ajax, Liverpool, Napoli....shit man...this is tourist time!

Teams like the ones in our group...beat teams like Rangers by three or four goals.

Look at the history of our club...be honest with yourselves.

Now, Celtic? Sure...that shit shouldn't happen...but that is our level. 

I don't think people are concerned about losing a game in the CL, it's that the team and the management haven't bothered their arse to even give it a go.