What do you honestly expect Rangers to achieve this season?

12 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

all I'm seeing is an outburst of viscral hatred because a few results haven't gone our way and are admittedly enduring a period of poor play

Our away form has been poor for the whole calendar year.  

27 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

That depends solely on the manager, despite his protestations he took a more pragmatic approach on Wednesday and dropped the ridiculous zonal marking. It shows there is some hope and that all is not lost in that department. I just wonder the extent of the players input was in that decision, it'scrystal clear they weren't happy playing zonal and didn'thide it. However Dutch football has a widespread history of defeating itself due to strong personalities.

It's September for heavens sake I do not believe the league is lost and expect at least one cup.

Champions League wise well we're a decent Europa League team something we really need to accept.

As far as the current opprobrium being flung at the Board, Wilson and Bisgrove it's laughable and in the main born of ignorance. I expect and hope all 3 to remain in place but the Club is organic and evolves and changes so que sera sera. Reasoned criticism of the above is a fair and necessary component and something there should always be a place for but all I'm seeing is an outburst of viscral hatred because a few results haven't gone our way and are admittedly enduring a period of poor play.

Those screaming spend, spend, spend should spend a minute to contemplate just exactly why we had to endure a lost decade.

Agree with most of that but I think the issues involving or/and between a generally stale squad and (Dutch) mgmt/coaching will mean inevitable dropped domestic points, second place in League and a change in mgmt sometime in late winter/early spring.

Cups are very much in range and could (League Cup) end up saving or prolonging the stay of GVB. However, if we can't or doubt see him winning the title 23/24, he should be gone regardless.

If In the future we can become a better version of ourselves and get more fortune in the group draw, I think we could pick up points in the CL (but yes EL is where we can do damage).

This year our squad isn't as strong and we have the toughest group we have ever been in.

Agree with most of what you say about upstairs but I wouldn't absolve Ross Wilson of all blame regards squad mgmt and where that has taken on field results.

Nor forget the appointment of GVB, which the jury obviously has more evidence to see unfold before a verdict is reached.

Edited by buster.

Treble!

As of now, we`ve played 6 games, drew one (in rather interesting circumstances) and lost one OF game (which seemingly never happened before, in better circumstances than we are in now?). A considerable amount of newbies and better players already in place have not been available or fit, but will return over the next few weeks or months. Lawrence missed all three of apparent "horror shows", being a rather influential chap beforehand. Morelos is still unfit, Helander, Davies, Soutar and Ridvan missing, Roofe and Hagi too. Matondo and Tillman look good enough too, may need some time to settle. For some reason, the "crowd" (here or on FF) seems to become restless rather eagerly and more quickly, and the crystal balls of doom and gloom are revolving with a state of exultation (after qualification to the CL group stages and beating PSV) like a Gatling gun ...

We are all old enough and have seen enough to know that it ain't works like that. The season IS a marathon, however worn-out that mantra is. You know it, I know it. 

Our team is good enough to beat anything the Premiership can throw against it, and if all are fit and willing, sure capable of beating the Scum. Hence, despite recent results don`t look good, we are well capable of grabbing the Treble and I assume that is the goal set out by Gio and the rest.

14 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Treble!

As of now, we`ve played 6 games, drew one (in rather interesting circumstances) and lost one OF game (which seemingly never happened before, in better circumstances than we are in now?). A considerable amount of newbies and better players already in place have not been available or fit, but will return over the next few weeks or months. Lawrence missed all three of apparent "horror shows", being a rather influential chap beforehand. Morelos is still unfit, Helander, Davies, Soutar and Ridvan missing, Roofe and Hagi too. Matondo and Tillman look good enough too, may need some time to settle. For some reason, the "crowd" (here or on FF) seems to become restless rather eagerly and more quickly, and the crystal balls of doom and gloom are revolving with a state of exultation (after qualification to the CL group stages and beating PSV) like a Gatling gun ...

We are all old enough and have seen enough to know that it ain't works like that. The season IS a marathon, however worn-out that mantra is. You know it, I know it. 

Our team is good enough to beat anything the Premiership can throw against it, and if all are fit and willing, sure capable of beating the Scum. Hence, despite recent results don`t look good, we are well capable of grabbing the Treble and I assume that is the goal set out by Gio and the rest.

Liking the optimism, even if I'm struggling to share it. 

My expectations are a strong league challenge as a minimum, as is a strong run in the cups. 

Agree there's a lot of potential in the squad but the "if we can get him fit" refrain is all too common with so many.  

7 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Yes, our team is good enough to beat anything in Scotland and within reason, abroad.

The problem is that we aren't consistent enough and this group of players have proved repeatedly that they struggle to do so.

Hence, Cups every chance.

League, not happening. We can and will say it is still up for grabs, but....

We've approached two summer windows expecting a relatively major squad overhaul. We have reached the point where there is no real option than to do it next summer. Until then, this squad is generally, on the way down. With occasional bright spots.

30 minutes ago, buster. said:

Agree with most of that but I think the issues involving or/and between a generally stale squad and (Dutch) mgmt/coaching will mean inevitable dropped domestic points, second place in League and a change in mgmt sometime in late winter/early spring.

Cups are very much in range and could (League Cup) end up saving or prolonging the stay of GVB. However, if we can't or doubt see him winning the title 23/24, he should be gone regardless.

If In the future we can become a better version of ourselves and get more fortune in the group draw, I think we could pick up points in the CL (but yes EL is where we can do damage).

This year our squad isn't as strong and we have the toughest group we have ever been in.

Agree with most of what you say about upstairs but I wouldn't absolve Ross Wilson of all blame regards squad mgmt and where that has taken on field results.

Nor forget the appointment of GVB, which the jury obviously has more evidence to see unfold before a verdict is reached.

I think our squad is stronger than commonly believed when you take into account a horrendous injury record. Part of that though was self inflicted namely Morelos being on the pitch at Dundee last season.

Not trying to absolve anyone from scrutinity or criticism far from it as I've previously stated I view that as essential and necessary however it needs to be based on facts and reality 

The 4 0 nil defeat at the east end shack has left deep scars and will take some time to heal.  I can take losing but the manner in which we do reeks of cowardice.   Until gio stops backing duds and giving them game time it will always be the same.  The three man defensive midfield has to go.  Davis and kamara are never going to win us games and for me their numbers are up. Kent needs to be dropped to the bench.  A fit lowry and a personal favourite of mine McCann must now be knocking on gios door for some game time given the squads performance.    It will be a real struggle to get to the next transfer window where we need to ofload Gerrard dregs and invest properly in the squad.  Can  gio change his mindset?  Personally I don't think so.