No action taken for the National Anthem

21 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

No wonder the Welsh are booing the new King👍

19 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

The Welsh are Scousers without moustaches and the new king is an Anglican and an affiliate of the WEF. 

Not a fan of any of these things but they're still far superior to the retards that vote for Scotland's Sinn Fein sex pest party.  

Isn't that a bit like saying the Geordies are Scotsmen without their brains?🤣

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Each to their own. Either way it sounds like we are in agreement, can we just get on with the football? Our team is a mess. That should be our priority. Not additional tributes to the previous monarch.

Come on, BSRT. Dundee Utd and their supporters haven’t had a chance yet to show their respect and loyalty yet.

I remember back in the late 70's IIRC, two Popes died within a few weeks of each other.

I was at a Hibs v Rangers game at Easter Road not long after the second death and joined in with the 'two popes in a row, ladidadida....' chorus.

Looking back, bit crass and lacking in respect but football stadiums were never really a place for respectful behaviour.

Things have moved on a little since then or have they really?

Yesterday showed they haven't. 

Society as a whole has had a veneer applied, a perception sold. But scratch away a little, there hasn't been much change.

Change has been to laws and regulations that have went too far.

Edited by buster.

I'm a big fan of freedom of speech, so can't take too much issue with people venting whenever they want.  

As you grow older and mortality kicks in, you tend to act a bit more respectfully, in general, though.  

Celebrating anyone's death is not really a good look.  Having said that, there's a few people I won't be sad to see kick the bucket.  

15 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'm a big fan of freedom of speech, so can't take too much issue with people venting whenever they want.  

As you grow older and mortality kicks in, you tend to act a bit more respectfully, in general, though.  

Celebrating anyone's death is not really a good look.  Having said that, there's a few people I won't be sad to see kick the bucket.  

Generally, I think it a little presumptive to expect the younger generation to be respectful to the society of today.

They have been left a shitty and confusing mess to inherit.

It shouldn't be surprising if they don't act as they are 'supposed to'.

There’s a danger of over-analysing this. There have always been scumbags who act without respect or decency. They infest every club, every town, every country. Certain activities and associations attract more of them than others. All anyone can do is take responsibility for how they conduct themselves and decide who they share space with. 

20 hours ago, buster. said:

I remember back in the late 70's IIRC, two Popes died within a few weeks of each other.

I was at a Hibs v Rangers game at Easter Road not long after the second death and joined in with the 'two popes in a row, ladidadida....' chorus.

Looking back, bit crass and lacking in respect but football stadiums were never really a place for respectful behaviour.

Things have moved on a little since then or have they really?

Yesterday showed they haven't. 

Society as a whole has had a veneer applied, a perception sold. But scratch away a little, there hasn't been much change.

Change has been to laws and regulations that have went too far.

Need some help gentlmen !

My memory isn't what it used to be and I checked up on dates regards that Hibs game and those two Popes dieing.

It seems as if the game at Easter Road (August) came a little after the first death but the second was in September.

So either the crowd that day were crystal ballers or I have something wrong.

There was definately a song sung about it but the ditty about two popes must have come later.

Can anyone recall or remember ?

Reminds me of being convinced that the DJ headed goal against Wales was from the edge of the penalty box, when in fact footage later showe me that it was more like from 12 yards out.

Edited by buster.