[FT] Rangers 2 (Colak 8', 49') - 1 Dundee Utd

2 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

One for the students of overseas football...Why exactly did Gio's reign at Feyeroord come to an end? I recall some snippets and second hand tit bits from the hacks in Scotland when he was appointed but not much else. 

He came in and had a 55 style season where he massively overachieved by winning the league and became an instant hero. He didn’t build on it at all though, finished 4th and then 3rd and played rubbish football in the process. That’s why I was concerned when we went for him, his CV was mixed at best, he did not recruit well and went backwards. Two transfer windows in here and I’ve already lost trust in his ability to improve his squad, entering yet another season with Kent undroppable due to lack of competition  was a huge mistake. With 12 months on his deal we should have been asking his agent to find a buyer. 

Edited by DMAA

The chants etc during the minute's silence was entirely predictable.  The Dundee United support are like a Diet Green Brigade.  

As for GvB, I think it's a matter of when now.  The playing squad look disinterested.

3 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Published: 17th September 2022

Dundee United are aware of the actions of a small section of the crowd who chose to not respect the minute's silence before this afternoon's match at Ibrox.

As a club, ahead of the game we reached out to advise our supporters of the pre-match arrangements with the expectation that the minute silence would be observed.

Not much of an apology is it?

19 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

The chants etc during the minute's silence was entirely predictable.  The Dundee United support are like a Diet Green Brigade.  

As for GvB, I think it's a matter of when now.  The playing squad look disinterested.

Like many I’m concerned about our domestic form. But we are missing players who are injured. Lawrence & Hagi in particular.

If Gio goes who replaces him? I’d fear another Pedro appointment 

Thought we started well but it just switched off after going 1-0 up.

What is it with Rangers managers though and being frightened to play 2 upfront and just 1 holding midfielder especially against dross in the SPL.

Someone said it earlier imagine how many goals Colak would get with more creativity in the team, I hope Hagi hurrys back.

Perhaps Morelos wasnt ready to start consecutive games after just starting for the first time in 6 months against Napoli but Id love to see both Morelos and Colak together in these type of games. Conte put Son on the bench yesterday for Spurs and it worked wonders - the same should apply to Kent.

Overall I think GvB is to soft and despite showing tactical nous in the Europa last season he doesnt do it domestically and something clearly isnt right. I would like to see Gattuso' passion on the touchline or Sean Dyche who stands for no nonsense and overachieves with average players.

6 hours ago, Gribz said:

Thought we started well but it just switched off after going 1-0 up.

What is it with Rangers managers though and being frightened to play 2 upfront and just 1 holding midfielder especially against dross in the SPL.

Someone said it earlier imagine how many goals Colak would get with more creativity in the team, I hope Hagi hurrys back.

Perhaps Morelos wasnt ready to start consecutive games after just starting for the first time in 6 months against Napoli but Id love to see both Morelos and Colak together in these type of games. Conte put Son on the bench yesterday for Spurs and it worked wonders - the same should apply to Kent.

Overall I think GvB is to soft and despite showing tactical nous in the Europa last season he doesnt do it domestically and something clearly isnt right. I would like to see Gattuso' passion on the touchline or Sean Dyche who stands for no nonsense and overachieves with average players.

Gattuso. A no from me. We don't need passion. We need someone who has a clear playing style. Someone that can play attractive attacking football with an identity. 

Dyche. Another no from me. Dyche has carved an admirable managerial career but the majority of his high points have been with a team that he set out to frustrate and punch above their weight. With Rangers he has to win every game. 

I won't win any friends on here but I would take the big Aussie over the other side of the city in a bloody heartbeat. He clearly has an eye for a player and the majority of his transfer business have hit the ground running because they have a clear understanding of what the team is meant to be doing. Colak aside, most of our summer business has not added anything to our team. 

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops