[FT] Rangers 2 (Colak 8', 49') - 1 Dundee Utd

11 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Gattuso. A no from me. We don't need passion. We need someone who has a clear playing style. Someone that can play attractive attacking football with an identity. 

Dyche. Another no from me. Dyche has carved an admirable managerial career but the majority of his high points have been with a team that he set out to frustrate and punch above their weight. With Rangers he has to win every game. 

I won't win any friends on here but I would take the big Aussie over the other side of the city in a bloody heartbeat. He clearly has an eye for a player and the majority of his transfer business have hit the ground running because they have a clear understanding of what the team is meant to be doing. Colak aside, most of our summer business has not added anything to our team. 

Correct in every word.

11 hours ago, forlanssister said:

The players who are undermining the manager need to go too if/when he goes.

Agree but possibly not viable ?

When you bring together what is needed between now and the the end of the 2023 summer window and what our projected budgets are likely to look like.....

Back of my 'fag packet' says that turning this round is going to be challenging, to say the least.

Easy for us to say change manager and squad. But within a sustainable business model (FFP), something that means shopping in a relative bargain basement.

There are "gems" out there but when shopping on a relatively low budget, every signing is a huge gamble. 

The gems like Aribo, Bassey, Alfredo, Kamara, Lundstrum etc were gambles that paid off, others will inevitably not pay off. 

This means the managers and DoF jobs become harder as the budget shrinks. 

Another potential solution (but it's long term) and also a gamble is put all available budget into your academy and use this to bring the best talent through and sell for huge profits. However, for me the time to do this was 2013 not 2022.....

2 minutes ago, CammyF said:

There are "gems" out there but when shopping on a relatively low budget, every signing is a huge gamble. 

The gems like Aribo, Bassey, Alfredo, Kamara, Lundstrum etc were gambles that paid off, others will inevitably not pay off. 

This means the managers and DoF jobs become harder as the budget shrinks. 

Another potential solution (but it's long term) and also a gamble is put all available budget into your academy and use this to bring the best talent through and sell for huge profits. However, for me the time to do this was 2013 not 2022.....

I said years ago that it may take until we can produce enough first team players from youth development until we can win a title, I was wrong.

SG was brought in, was reasonably backed, built a team that when Celtic imploded, were ready to strut their stuff and really dominate during '55'.

Now, FFP would seem to complicate matters with regard to what would have to be a degree of front loaded spend. Obviously, the accounts and AGM may make things clearer.

Hence, the pathway may be the only way. Or at least a large portion of it. 

38 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Not being funny but you could give me

30 million to spend at us or them and I’d win the league. 

Could you work without a Director of Football? An Assistant Manager? A First Team Coach?  A Fitness Coach? A Goalkeeping Coach? A Rehab Coach? A Video Analyst? Oh, and a Coach Who Coaches Coaches?

(Asking for a friend in the motor trade.)

23 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Could you work without a Director of Football? An Assistant Manager? A First Team Coach?  A Fitness Coach? A Goalkeeping Coach? A Rehab Coach? A Video Analyst? Oh, and a Coach Who Coaches Coaches?

(Asking for a friend in the motor trade.)

When it goes wrong between manager/coach and some influential players it renders much of the Football Operation (FO) useless/ineffective.

It goes 'wrong' (partly) because some within FO haven't done a good job.

Edit

The coaches coach looked as if he were in the wrong movie. (when I saw him on the bench last week).

Edited by buster.