[FT] Liverpool 2 - 0 Rangers

10 hours ago, forlanssister said:

People should be more concerned with the medical side of the business at Auchenhowie rather than the scouting. Irrespective if this is a new injury or an aggravation the recovery times for our players are pretty horrendous. 

Second Go

Auchenhowie as a whole is starting to raise concerns.

I might well be wrong, but I sense a lack of leadership and collective purpose throughout.

Leadership that Gerrard had in spades until he seemed to mentally drift in summer 2021.

rangers-selector-2022-23-35156dc47da4b0e5d0d517a6b092f335.jpg

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62338836

Just found this fancy layout !!

Sands suspended

Not many options in the middle if Jack is out.

If he is declared fit, I'll put a fiver on him being taken off by or at HT.

Kamara in from the cold or McCann 

Is Davies ready for a full game ?

If Leon King were to come in and have a good game, he'd instantly be worth more than we paid for Davies.

Arfield won't last a full game at the pace this game will need.

Will Steve Davis ?

Even with the players that are available tonight, too many who have to be constantly managed in terms of minutes.

3 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Its almost as if our squad has been wafer thin for a while..

The worst thing about it is you could see it coming.

What the actual F were we thinking about in putting together a squad for this season?

If it was about saving money, it is going to end up having the opposite effect.

12 minutes ago, buster. said:

The worst thing about it is you could see it coming.

What the actual F were we thinking about in putting together a squad for this season?

If it was about saving money, it is going to end up having the opposite effect.

Yep. Its just bad planning. The Lawrence injury is just plain bad luck but everything else has been standard last few years. The players who need minutes managed could be our entire midfield bar Lundstram at this point which is madness. I'm still not convinced Tillman can play Wed/Sat every week.

Shame they scrapped the tennents sixes we might have enough bodies to win that :D 

Yes, it's going to be difficult tonight but I'm hoping the players see it as an opportunity to achieve rather than anything else. It's a free hit but the application and effort must be there. I think the XI will be along the following lines.

FeOd0dmXEAYAIS-?format=jpg&name=small

It wouldn't surprise me to see us move to a three at the back which may allow someone like Arfield or Tillman more scope to support the striker. Anyone's guess if that will be Colak or Morelos. In midfield, Kamara has been so poor this season but fitness of Jack uncertain.

21 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Yes, it's going to be difficult tonight but I'm hoping the players see it as an opportunity to achieve rather than anything else. It's a free hit but the application and effort must be there. I think the XI will be along the following lines.

FeOd0dmXEAYAIS-?format=jpg&name=small

It wouldn't surprise me to see us move to a three at the back which may allow someone like Arfield or Tillman more scope to support the striker. Anyone's guess if that will be Colak or Morelos. In midfield, Kamara has been so poor this season but fitness of Jack uncertain.

I'd play Matondo not Arfield. I know his effort is great, but his finishing not so much. 

3 minutes ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

I'd play Matondo not Arfield. I know his effort is great, but his finishing not so much. 

Happy enough for Matondo to play but I think Arfield's experience and ability to look after his defensive duties might count better.

1 minute ago, Frankie said:

Happy enough for Matondo to play but I think Arfield's experience and ability to look after his defensive duties might count better.

You win Frankie. I find it hard to disagree with a man who looks like the great Ludovico Einaudi

ein.JPG