[FT] Liverpool 2 - 0 Rangers

What a night for young King, I hope he can handle it.  I think Gio missed an opportunity to have Morelos playing off Colak on the right, but we knew he wouldn't.  Well I guess if I had to pick one of them in a game like this it would be Alfie. Just hope they all get stuck in, give their all and focus for the full 90mins. 

3 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

I have very little expectations on seeing the team selection.   We need goals and we leave our top striker on the bench.   Utter stupidity in my eyes.

Isn't Morelos our top European goal scorer? 

4 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

Both should be playing. I can't for the utter life of me understand how we can not pay a system that incorporates both Morelos and Colak. 

Really? When was last time we played two up front? It's one or the other I'm afraid. 

3 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Really? When was last time we played two up front? It's one or the other I'm afraid. 

I know, GVB said he doesn't play two strikers, but I think we could, even if Alfie plays in a deeper role or on the right, but having him there as extra fire power and holding the ball up and link the play with Colak central to take the chances is an opportunity missed. 

Edited by weebluedevil

4 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

I know, GVB said he doesn't play two strikers, but I think we could, even if Alfie plays in a deeper role or on the right, but having him there as extra fire power and holding the ball up and link the play with Colak central to take the chances is an opportunity missed. 

Maybe it's something the management team have tried in training? 

Maybe Alfie hasn't been fit enough this season for us to try it competitively? 

It's something that "could work" but I don't think a CL league game away to Liverpool is the time or the place. 

Might be worth a bash against Dundee in League Cup at Ibrox. 

7 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

Good shout. Tillman is still too slow IMO. Morelos is also great at getting fouls. 

2 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Maybe it's something the management team have tried in training? 

Maybe Alfie hasn't been fit enough this season for us to try it competitively? 

It's something that "could work" but I don't think a CL league game away to Liverpool is the time or the place. 

Might be worth a bash against Dundee in League Cup at Ibrox. 

Not sure what we learn from trying any formations in secondary cup competitions that no one cares about?