[FT] Liverpool 2 - 0 Rangers

Last Scottish team to go down to Liverpool were Hearts (2012) and they were a goal up and close to causing an upset before Luis Suarez got the equaliser. David Templeton was the other goalscorer in the 1-1 draw.

In fact, Liverpool have failed to beat Scottish sides at home in their last three attempts.

The other two were in 1997 and 2003, enough detail.

Prior to that, they had won the other four at home to Scottish sides with an aggregate score of 11-1 (Hibs managing the only Scottish goal). Fergie's Aberdeen were the only Scottish team who took a bit of a scudding, 4 zip in 1980.

In competitive games against Scottish sides,....

Liverpool have Won 7, Drawn 4 and Lost 3

Goals For 18, Against 9

Against English opponents,....

We have Won 3, Drawn 4 and Lost 7

Goals For 11, Against 20

When you consider that two of those three victories came against Leeds in 92 and the other was in 1961, it is a shocking record. In the CL group stage, we have played Manchester United twice and kept the wrong kind of zero in all 4 matches.

So, all this talk that the Battle of Britain effect levels the playing field,......at club level, the results don't really back it up.

That solitary competitive victory on English soil against Leeds can be increased to three*, if counting two play off victories at Highbury against Sparta Rotterdam (1960) and Red Star Belgrade (1964).

*Not including any FA Cup away wins in 19th century.

Sorry to bore you with all that but @craig really loves these stats and who am I to dissapoint him.

------------------

Now over to the Hipsters to tell us about the tactical approach for Tuesday.

Personally, I'm starting behind the sofa with an occasional peek over the top.

10 minutes ago, buster. said:

Now over to the Hipsters to tell us about the tactical approach for Tuesday.

Personally, I'm starting behind the sofa with an occasional peek over the top.

That’s the place to be.

13 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Anyone know the lad challenging Tav here?

FeJm78NWIAEJue5?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Don’t know his name but I like the way he’s going over the ball, head high with his studs up. Tav looks one second away from a fairly long dental appointment.