[FT] Liverpool 2 - 0 Rangers

15 hours ago, buster. said:

GvB and Wilson is where the buck stops.

Awful misjudgement to go into this season with a squad with so many issues. Made worse by recruiting more predictable issues.

Not hindsight, said it in late June/ early July.

Can I add that we are now in a situation where we need a new manager but those in charge are probably going to try and ride things out, cross fingers and hope that Celtic falter.

Obvious problems with changing manager are finance and getting someone good enough who will accept the job with current squad.

So unless Gio absolutely bombs he's probably safe for the time being.

But that means we are treading water, going pretty much nowhere, hoping Celtic falter.

Next summer is when there will almost have to be a squad rebuild and that may be the time we have to wait for a new manager and the start of something fresh.

3 hours ago, buster. said:

Losing in Sevilla was the most difficult defeat to get over in 49 years of being a fan.

Very much so, since Eintracht were very "beatable", despite being in the final and a plucky outfit. We had the players, yet once again blew the tactics and didn`t change it when we saw it weren`t working. There was no replay at Ibrox coming ... 

2 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Very much so, since Eintracht were very "beatable", despite being in the final and a plucky outfit. We had the players, yet once again blew the tactics and didn`t change it when we saw it weren`t working. There was no replay at Ibrox coming ... 

He had a blazing hot team on incredible Euro form and couldn't beat Frankfurt.

For Rangers those opportunities arrive about once every 25 or so years.

Which means I will be pissin through a catheter the next time we get there. 

That game will grate my soul till I kick.

2 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Trouble was, some of the blazers were injured and not able to play in the final.

No surrender means no excuses.

At the very least I expected GvB et al. posted in front of Ibrox, self-flagellating with studded whips.

I take defeat like a sultan.

xD

23 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Trouble was, some of the blazers were injured and not able to play in the final.

Similar to the cup final, once we removed the work-horses and under-performers from the field and added Roofe, Sakala and Wright, we looked a much more capable attacking outfit. For all the fancy and hard work they put in, Kamara, Aribo and even Kent didn`t provide that great a threat to the opposition's goal. And if that happens on the field, things need to be changed. SG was utterly reluctant to change his DM/CM-minded attitude and Gio is not really setting the heather on fire with quick changes et al either.