The Football Operation at Rangers is a Mess

29 minutes ago, buster. said:

Average age of starting XI on Wednesday against Liverpool was 29.54

It is young players who take their chance, who can quickly become valuable.

The average age of my team posted yesterday was 23, but you dismissed it as "the stuff of nightmares", that it "[w]ouldn't be fair on King" (a youngster), and that it would "work out badly".

Hmm...

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

The average age of my team posted yesterday was 23, but you dismissed it as "the stuff of nightmares", that it "[w]ouldn't be fair on King" (a youngster), and that it would "work out badly".

Hmm...

Aye, and what are you hmmming at Inspector #LoL

5 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Bennet might have said that, but its been talked about for quite some time. If he was serious about that he was being disingenuous. We put up a good package for Aribo as we wanted to sell him on in the future, make no mistake. That was far longer than 6 months ago.

If he meant we made our first major sale 6 months ago (Patterson) then fair enough.

You are right in saying that signing players to sell on is a major part of it - well, it's key - but a player trading model is only judged successful when those players are sold. Buying just laying the groundwork, so to speak. 

I think you're being a tad pessimistic - that's usually my role here...

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

You are right in saying that signing players to sell on is a major part of it - well, it's key - but a player trading model is only judged successful when those players are sold. Buying just laying the groundwork, so to speak. 

I think you're being a tad pessimistic - that's usually my role here...

If the pessimist thinks I'm being pessimistic then surely that's a double negative that cancels itself out? I'm taking the win on that one :D

Quite an incredible post.

To say that it is a mess suggests some inside knowledge. The O.P. includes nearly zero insight into the football operation.

It's not even really coherent to complain, to that extent, about current results. We are playing at our highest level for a decade and still competing for the league. In terms of European results we are a victim of our own success.

The closest this gets to a genuine complaint is in regard to injuries. What does that amount to? Any management needs to tolerate a level of risk. In our case it has worked out badly.