The Football Operation at Rangers is a Mess

Its ok buster they will know what they are doing. They will have a plan. We must be reading it wrong..

23 minutes ago, buster. said:

A willingness to collect older and/or chronically injured (CI) players whose gametime needs to be managed.

A polar opposite to the fabled 'player trading model'. We are at a point now where no one could tell you who our biggest asset is. No one is paying big money for Goldson, Tav, Lundstram or Colak our 3 best players right now.

Just now, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Its ok buster they will know what they are doing. They will have a plan. We must be reading it wrong..

A polar opposite to the fabled 'player trading model'. We are at a point now where no one could tell you who our biggest asset is. No one is paying big money for Goldson, Tav, Lundstram or Colak our 3 best players right now.

Average age of starting XI on Wednesday against Liverpool was 29.54

It is young players who take their chance, who can quickly become valuable.

3 minutes ago, buster. said:

It is young players who take their chance, who can quickly become valuable.

That's like a lottery though. If you only buy one ticket the chances of you winning are slim. As you state our average age is sky high.

From our team that started Tuesday night, where are the assets(Bassey, Aribo type)?

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

Just now, Sutton_blows_goats said:

That's like a lottery though. If you only buy one ticket the chances of you winning are slim. As you state our average age is sky high.

From our team that started Tuesday night, where is the assets(Bassey, Aribo type)?

You look through the squad and nothing stands out.

Hagi is a possibility but he has to get fit again and his contract is running down.

It is the likes of King, Lowry and other youngsters that we need to hope get a chance, take it and attract interest.

Although, we also need to build a team and losing your better prospects before they can do much in a blue shirt won't be good for results.

Football no more

It is all about money

Sad

It's certainly looking far from positive right now.

Even if you accept the CL was a free hit against very tough sides, the level of performance and ongoing planning remains a concern.

Losing Goldson for this month will be a huge blow - more so if Davies who looked pretty good is also out.  King and Sands have potential but I doubt that pairing will help us accrue full domestic points; especially with our midfield being so poor.

29 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Wasn't there just an interview from Bennett saying the trading model has only been in operation for less than 6-months?

The right wing and midfield have been problems for a good couple of seasons.  

The goalie situation just looks like straightforward penny pinching to me. 

One of the biggest problems we have is we're constantly bringing in players like Tillman and Matondo (who would address the ageing problem to some extent) who aren't walking straight into the first team.  

6 minutes ago, Frankie said:

King and Sands have potential but I doubt that pairing will help us accrue full domestic points; especially with our midfield being so poor.

Absolutely, I think if we drop a few more points over the coming weeks (I'm sure we wont btw but IF) then its time to transition the likes of King, McCann, McCrorie and Lowry into the team. That's how we will make our money.

I'm not sold on Sands as much as i like him, not sure £4 million is his value to us. Same with Tillman. Good player but not sure he is worth £4~5 million to us. Also I'm still sceptical of his ability to play 90 minutes never mind 2x90 mins a week.

Just now, Rousseau said:

Wasn't there just an interview from Bennett saying the trading model has only been in operation for less than 6-months?

Bennet might have said that, but its been talked about for quite some time. If he was serious about that he was being disingenuous. We put up a good package for Aribo as we wanted to sell him on in the future, make no mistake. That was far longer than 6 months ago.

If he meant we made our first major sale 6 months ago (Patterson) then fair enough.