The Next Eight Games Before the World Cup

25 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

Gio capitulated the champions league before a ball was kicked.  There's a weakness in his personality that we can all see and I see it reflected in the teams performances.  I think the job is too big for him.  

Considering his playing career that's something I find hard to believe. 

He captained Holland in a WC final and they only lost when he went off (replaced by Edson Braafheid lost his man for the goal if you can remember him).

I think something else is afoot. 

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'm not his biggest fan and still maintain he should've been sacked after Ajax but domestically, points wise, he's doing a relatively good job.  8 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss is a good start.  

I think this is fair. And had the loss had been to Hibs and the draw with them then the outlook on Gio would be far different within the fanbase.

1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Considering his playing career that's something I find hard to believe. 

He captained Holland in a WC final and they only lost when he went off (replaced by Edson Braafheid lost his man for the goal if you can remember him).

I think something else is afoot. 

I think this is fair. And had the loss had been to Hibs and the draw with them then the outlook on Gio would be far different within the fanbase.

It's the spineless manner in which we lose that most have a gripe with.  Gio continually perseveres with tactics and players that just aren't working.   He's fortunate the quality of our league is so poor.  

On 07/09/2022 at 16:59, Bill said:

GvB will still be our manager at the end of next season. You can take that to the bank.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

Fans make mistakes too and, whether ultimately proven right or wrong, the biggest one is arriving at conclusions before it's appropriate. 

Got that one right 👍

35 minutes ago, buster. said:

Got that one right 👍

While you’re pouring over my old posts, would you mind cataloguing by subject, date etc and let me have a copy to see if I’m tempted to give a damn 🤣

Idiot You Lose GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

10 hours ago, Bill said:

While you’re pouring over my old posts, would you mind cataloguing by subject, date etc and let me have a copy to see if I’m tempted to give a damn 🤣

No need to pour over them, you supply numerous opportunities that I only occasionally point out.

If I did them all, I'd have to give up my 'day job'.

Maybe I'm Oh CD !

Oh there is another Contradiction and if I mention it, the Deflection follows (last couple have included GIF)

That process is on repeat. 

If you didn't give a damn, you would ignore, instead of deflect.

14 hours ago, gisabeer said:

It's the spineless manner in which we lose that most have a gripe with.  Gio continually perseveres with tactics and players that just aren't working.   He's fortunate the quality of our league is so poor.  

We had our awful games under SG as well, but we did tend to learn and take on board lessons.

Also fair to say that SG never had to play against elite clubs in the CL like Liverpool and this Napoli team.

However, what is damming is the failure to take on board lessons from the Parkhead debacle of a first half in Feburary and apply them in September. Not only not take on board, but actually get worse. Then Gio says he told them prior to the game. The players not applying thse instructions says a lot.

Next reference for taking on board lessons will be Napoli (away).

29 minutes ago, buster. said:

We had our awful games under SG as well, but we did tend to learn and take on board lessons.

Also fair to say that SG never had to play against elite clubs in the CL like Liverpool and this Napoli team.

However, what is damming is the failure to take on board lessons from the Parkhead debacle of a first half in Feburary and apply them in September. Not only not take on board, but actually get worse. Then Gio says he told them prior to the game. The players not applying thse instructions says a lot.

Next reference for taking on board lessons will be Napoli (away).

The big question is.... how many more capitulations / humiliations can the fans and board take?  There will be the straw that breaks the camels back.  I see nothing from our performances to suggest otherwise.