The Next Eight Games Before the World Cup

39 minutes ago, Bill said:

I hardly think start times are crucial in the point @buster.is making. He was right to identify these eight games as probably determining our season and the necessity of winning all our domestic league games. There were 15 points to play for and after one game we've already dropped two of them. Of the remaining four games, I think we will need a minor miracle to get full points.

Was having a little wind up and knew the importance of the fixtures,maybe a wee bit lighthearted, but the severity of how things are is definitely not good.

I note a fair bit of noise coming out of Aberdeen regards taking something from Ibrox on Saturday.

Yes, they appear to have a better chance than in recent years but crowing about it prior to the game usually works against them.

On 28/10/2022 at 08:51, buster. said:

I note a fair bit of noise coming out of Aberdeen regards taking something from Ibrox on Saturday.

Yes, they appear to have a better chance than in recent years but crowing about it prior to the game usually works against them.

Diddy teams who have a go are setting themselves up for a fall.

It used to be that the wee teams had the quality to hurt us but not now (Boyle/Hibs & McKay/Hearts, perhaps)

They need us to be off it or/and hope the low block produces something.

That said, Livingston have done better than most against the OF, more especially against them.

Fingers crossed for Martindale and his team today.

19/10/22 LEC Rangers 1 - 0 Dundee View events
22/10/22 PRE Rangers 1 - 1 Livingston View events
26/10/22 UCL Napoli 3 - 0 Rangers View events
29/10/22 PRE Rangers 4 - 1 Aberdeen

01/11/22 UCL Rangers 20 : 00 Ajax  
06/11/22 PRE St. Johnstone 12 : 00 Rangers  
09/11/22 PRE Rangers 19 : 45 Hearts  
12/11/22 PRE St. Mirren 12 : 30 Rangers

Edited by buster.

16 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

3 games to go. Let's win them all and try to regroup. 

Then get some of the injured guys back hopefully. Is the transfer window different this year too because of the World Cup or still January?

14 minutes ago, YoungDavy said:

After the embarrassing results in Europe, these next 3 games must be 9 points or the games a bogey, I can’t see that lot dropping points before the World Cup 

If we have 9 points from the next 3 games then the general outlook on things will be positive. Europe has banked us some cash and its done. Lets focus on the treble and see where it leas us.

3 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Think its the same. Even if we can get a couple of loans in if we have no money. We need bodies in midfield.

Clearly, we do have money (or at least we know of money that we will receive) but it's equally clear we have many competing demands on that money. You can't spend the same pound twice but you can re-prioritise how you spend it in the first place. Very few things are written in stone but I really do think the board has had to take some very difficult decisions that many of us would have struggled with too. We can have some things now but to have everything is going to take a several more years yet.