[FT] Rangers 1 (Tavernier 87' pen) - 3 Ajax

I can take being bottom of the group, what I can't take is the manner of how it happened not once, not twice but six f*&king times. We basically regressed with each and every game.

Not one single player comes out of that campaign with any credit whatsoever not one single player.

2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Kent did more stepovers than anyone else in CL history.   

I'm really wondering what Kent actually offers this team anymore, only reason he doesn't get dropped is because there isn't any better options in the squad which says a lot, he's meant to be a £7m player, totally lost with him 

1 minute ago, forlanssister said:

Give me the number of your supplier because he's obviously punting quality stuff.

:coolio:

On paper and taken in isolation Gio's record as manager is actually pretty decent which is hard to believe as discussed by the lads on a couple pods, for me the board won't sack him on the back of this, it's gonna come down to domestic success, do I believe he's the man for the job, hmm not really but if he doesn't win the league or even a cup (don't think that's enough to save him) by end of season then I don't see him being here next year, Wilson, board and players got to take responsibility for this shambles as well though 

1 minute ago, duffman1872 said:

I'm really wondering what Kent actually offers this team anymore, only reason he doesn't get dropped is because there isn't any better options in the squad which says a lot, he's meant to be a £7m player, totally lost with him 

His workrate continues to be good.

His decision making continues to decline.

I don't mind if he struggles in the Champions League but he is now struggling in the league.

• Rousseau changed the title to [FT] Rangers 1 - 3 Ajax
12 minutes ago, duffman1872 said:

On paper and taken in isolation Gio's record as manager is actually pretty decent which is hard to believe as discussed by the lads on a couple pods, for me the board won't sack him on the back of this, it's gonna come down to domestic success, do I believe he's the man for the job, hmm not really but if he doesn't win the league or even a cup (don't think that's enough to save him) by end of season then I don't see him being here next year, Wilson, board and players got to take responsibility for this shambles as well though 

Boards don't tend to fall on their swords they're far more inclined to appease by offering up a sacrifice, you can't remove an entire squad and Wilson despite what he himself might think isn't a big enough head to offer up on a silver platter.

It'll come down to ye olde filthy lucre and the Board with have a limit to the amount of value destruction they'll tolerate.

Things may very well limp along a while yet but we all know what the ending is.

Perverse as this may sound to some I have more belief in the Board than the manager, the DoF and the players.