[FT] Rangers 1 (Tavernier 87' pen) - 3 Ajax

4 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

That’s a mega cop out. People follow this club no matter what.

Charging the highest possible price for tickets then claiming no one is compelled to buy a ticket to our first CL campaign in nearly 20 years since everything we have been through and our extraordinary run in the EL last season. 

Do you know what Rangers supporters are like?

Yes, it is all very familiar.

Many of the complaints are a load of rubbish though.

3 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

We've clearly had to settle for the second string for much of the group stage.

I bet we could go back through various threads and find people praising these players, celebrating contract extensions and so on.

Now that certains facts have been revealed we are told that heads must roll.

You could listen to me!!

In July I said the squad mgmt had been poor and this season wouldn't be pretty.

Last night I predicted 1-3.

#TrumpetBlower

😉

7 hours ago, Bill said:

We need to stop talking about Gerrard. He’s gone, isn’t ever coming back, he achieved one success and failed in every other

I'm not advocating his return; definitely not - I was pleased when he left in the first place while everyone else was greetin'!

It was used for comparative purposes: a SG side would not have been beaten 7-1 by anyone, no matter how stark the financial gap.

7 hours ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

The DoF identifies and signs players not the manager. Gio is a coach and is there to coach the players available to him. He cannot speak out against the board, or burst down their door. 

Of course he can. Gerrard chose to leave rather than say he was happy with the squad. The DoF might identify players but you’re a million miles off if you think the manager has no hand in the signings.

18 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

We have cleared regressed but why and who is at fault? Many questions.

As mentioned elsewhere look at the injury list.

Also look at the level of replacements for Bassey and Aribo. Tillman and Ridvan are both well below that standard. Davies can't stay fit.

Finally look at the manager's refusal to park the bus.

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

I'm not advocating his return; definitely not - I was pleased when he left in the first place while everyone else was greetin'!

It was used for comparative purposes: a SG side would not have been beaten 7-1 by anyone, no matter how stark the financial gap.

The squad had switched off towards the end of the SG spell.

They are older, spend more time injured and have switched off again.

Sometimes they get up for a game. Confronted with anything approaching difficult, they go missing.

8 minutes ago, buster. said:

You could listen to me!!

In July I said the squad mgmt had been poor and this season wouldn't be pretty.

Last night I predicted 1-3.

#TrumpetBlower

😉

Could admin arrange some sort of prize for the big man here?

53 minutes ago, CammyF said:

He may have gotten us to put up more of a fight, but the end result would have been the same - we'd have finished bottom of group.

We can't compete at this level. We did well to compete at EL level but this is a huge step up and a step roo far. 

As I and others have said, finishing fourth after putting up a fight is infinitely more tolerable than the capitulations to which we've been subjected. It's embarrassing. We're officially the worst CL team ever. EVER.

If you can concede that SG - a man with no managerial experience, except youth football - can organise this team to put up more resistance than GvB, then why can't you accept that there is someone else out there than can do better?

I don't disagree with all you say, but you keep coming back to this idea that there's no one better. I don't get it? There has to be someone better, because this is shameful. 

I've put forward a few names - but that's just me, as a fan on the outside. Surely those in the business will have a fuller shortlist?

So apparently we have the worst goal difference of any CL team in history. How can people turn around and just say we were simply out of our league and this was coming to us? The worst goal difference in CL history. That is completely unacceptable to my mind, how any can defend that. It was capitulation after capitulation. We couldn’t even make our boring football style keep things tight.