[FT] Rangers 1 (Tavernier 87' pen) - 3 Ajax

23 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Even the game against Leverkusen several years back: it was clear there was a gulf in quality, but it wasn't a humiliation. 

Indeed, we should have narrowed the gap not lengthened it.

We were toe to toe with Frankfurt barely 6 months ago they were seconds away from topping their group where as we've become an abject laughing stock.

Just now, forlanssister said:

Indeed, we should have narrowed the gap not lengthened it.

We were toe to toe with Frankfurt barely 6 months ago they were seconds away from topping their group where as we've become an abject laughing stock.

they were top seeds and came second. 

we were bottom seeds and came bottom 

in fairness. 

14 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Ajax found it ridiculously easy to make runs into the final third with no Rangers player anywhere near them.

Just like Napoli did.  Just like Liverpool did.

What on Earth are we doing in training?

Stats post game on BT sports have alluded to other teams running more than us. Is it that by design or is it a lack of capability.

perhaps the gentleman in charge of our team who famously said we can’t compete at this level could take a leaf from a Martindale/McInnes/Courts who’s teams couldn’t compete with us - but found a way.

22 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Stats post game on BT sports have alluded to other teams running more than us. Is it that by design or is it a lack of capability.

perhaps the gentleman in charge of our team who famously said we can’t compete at this level could take a leaf from a Martindale/McInnes/Courts who’s teams couldn’t compete with us - but found a way.

The run marginally more than us. like 3% more. 

Hardly a surprise given they have the ball far more. 

10 hours ago, CammyF said:

Someone with untold millions.

Genuine question - are you happy with this board and what they are / aren't doing with OUR club? 

Untold millions and no potential widow or orphans. 

Am I happy with the Board? Very good question. Current events don’t make me very happy and I don’t expect the Board members are either. Trouble is, they don’t have access to untold millions. 

I can criticise the Board for a missed opportunity after 55 but Gerrard let them down. He should have been able to manage the team past Malmö then he might have got money to spend. I can criticise them too for appointing GVB. I didn’t think he was the right man based on absolutely nothing other than the fact that he was plying his trade in a football nowhere. I suppose he could just as easily turned out to be a genius.

There is no new benign + wealthy owner coming soon. I award the current Board seven marks out of ten. The manager needs to go. Some players need to get tell’t. 

Edited by Scott7

41 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

These teams are levels above us in terms of fitness. I know some people think fitness should be a leveller of sorts but it isn’t always the case, better teams can afford to recruit a high calibre of athlete (like Ajax recruiting Bassey from us).