Tranent v Rangers B

26 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Ian,

It would be an honour to be in the company of a man who held the role as Chief Belter of the Belters for a decade.

I am heading off, dropping the wife in North Berwick before traveling to the Big T. After the game, it is a rush back to N Berwick, the wife has booked us into a restaurant called, 'Osteria'.

In terms of recognition at the game, I will be sporting a pink carnation. I believe such flora is de rigueur amid such culinary plethora as highlighted by Frankie?

What colour do the Belters wear?

I will be hard to spot, black jacket, cap & jeans😁, look out for Frankie as he is easy to id being a tall chap with glasses , I'm sure you have met him before! I can dm you my phone number if you wish

53 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I kind of wish I was heading to Tranent now.  I know Frankie and Ian are real but 26th of foot has an ethereal, fictitious character air about him.  

He’s a whole bloody Regiment.

Just checked and Rangers B drew 2-2 (Z Lovelace x 2) in Tranent, coming from behind twice.  

Hawick Royal Albert (thankfully they've dropped the United) lost 1-0 at Edinburgh United, which was disappointing...particularly with a one man advantage for most of the match.  

I'm just keen to hear if anyone met 26th!

Edited by Gonzo79

15 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Just checked and Rangers B drew 2-2 (Z Lovelace x 2) in Tranent, coming from behind twice.  

Hawick Royal Albert (thankfully they've dropped the United) lost 1-0 at Edinburgh United, which was disappointing...particularly with a one man advantage for most of the match.  

I'm just keen to hear if anyone met 26th

Yes both Frankie and I met 26th of foot

11 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Yes both Frankie and I met 26th of foot

Please confirm my expectations and tell us he's a 7ft tall Rambo lookalike with a handlebar moustache, a pocket watch and a deer-stalker hat.  

Edited by Gonzo79

9 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Please confirm my expectations and tell us he's a 7ft tall Rambo lookalike with a handlebar moustache, a pocket watch and a deer-stalker hat.  

Sorry to disappoint you! but no he isn't 7ft tall Rambo, no moustache, no pocket watch, no deer-stalker hat 😉

Wasn't a bad game at all. Tranent certainly good value for the draw despite going down to ten men for the last 15-20mins.

Not overly impressed by Rangers to be honest but felt Lovelace was the pick of the bunch and he certainly wasn't afraid to get stuck in.

Good to catch up with 26th again and a good day on the lash with Ian as always... :cool: