[2022] Who should be the next Rangers manager?

Who should be the next Rangers manager?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Rangers manager?

• Sean Dyche
    • Mick Beale
    • Steven Gerrard
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Kevin Muscat
    • Rino Gattuso
    • David Martindale
    • Domenico Tedesco
    • Peter Bosz
    • Kjetil Knutsen
    • Barak Bakhar
    • Other (name in thread)

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Did you know he was promoted from the womens team?

Imagine us appointing someone like that? There'd be a riot!

Like appointing Emma Hayes. 

Yeah , I watched his story prematch , thought he spoke really really well , and his players certainly play for him.

16 minutes ago, ascender said:

This is the hill I'm prepared to die on... I think Tav in particular is great and his contribution has been incredible, but him and Goldson have been key first team players under multiple managers now and those teams have exhibited the same weaknesses, flaws and character traits time after time.

I wouldn't be gutted to see them both move on as its the very definition of doing the same thing time and time again and expecting a different result.

Agree fully. I also think Ben Davies was a bit of a lazy/daft signing. Spending 4 million and a presumably high wage on a guy from Liverpool who will have no resale value when we could have spent half that on a Patrick Caskie special from Scandinavia or eastern Europe and have some left over for a midfielder. Actually spending money on a midfielder. Knee trembling stuff.

Buying players from Scandinavia seems to be good enough for EPL clubs, Italian clubs, German clubs. But not us. Odd.

11 minutes ago, Frankie said:

The horseshoe stuff is a bit of a red herring.

When you have >70% of possession and territory in most domestic games, going backwards to go forward is inevitable when facing low blocks. However, that makes set-pieces and forward play all the more important

I think that's fair. Where the real frustration comes is when you have this yet dont create any clear cut quality goal scoring opportunities. Something we were guilty of under Gerrard and Gio.  

2 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I think that's fair. Where the real frustration comes is when you have this yet dont create any clear cut quality goal scoring opportunities. Something we were guilty of under Gerrard and Gio.  

It's not easy to play against well drilled, hard-working, physical teams - we see it increasingly across world football and even in Qatar this week.

Just means we need more tools. Yes, there's nothing wrong with a Sakala who provides unpredictability and pace but complement him with a slower player with the guile and vision to provide a quality pass. We need to be much more flexible in our outlook.

PS: It's worth noting we do have that to a degree (see Hagi, Roofe, Lawrence etc) but clearly they've all been unavailable. But that doesn't excuse our inability to strengthen much better and Wilson doesn't escape criticism there just because Gio has carried the can.

13 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I'm not convinced tbh. Agree on the lazy part tho.

I'm not so sure on the lazy aspect.

It's not the biggest risk or most exciting but that perhaps just makes it the right choice in a fairly uninspiring market.

I know if I took charge they would be spending a fortnight at Gullane sleeping in tents and fed on hard tack until they got fit ,watching our lot these day’s it’s more like a Sunday pub team their fitness is not up to scratch .

2 minutes ago, compo said:

I know if I took charge they would be spending a fortnight at Gullane sleeping in tents and fed on hard tack until they got fit ,watching our lot these day’s it’s more like a Sunday pub team their fitness is not up to scratch .

Dead right, compo. The world atlas wasn’t coloured two thirds red on pasta and garlic.